• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

random jeep stuff

I just found some worrying info on the ranger station concerning 8.8 and ranger rearend driveshaft flanges. Apparently some ranger rearend driveshaft flanges (notably 80s ones, 90 and later are supposedly 3" on center like Explorers) are a 2.5" on center bolt pattern while explorer rearend driveshaft flanges are 3" on center.

If I sold you a 1310 ujoint to 8.8 driveshaft flange adapter, please verify that it will fit an 8.8 before you end up needing it. If it doesn't I will either refund the $10 or get you one that does. I believe Lance, Billy, or XBoBJ ended up with the flange I'm worried about.

I just found some worrying info on the ranger station concerning 8.8 and ranger rearend driveshaft flanges. Apparently some ranger rearend driveshaft flanges (notably 80s ones, 90 and later are supposedly 3" on center like Explorers) are a 2.5" on center bolt pattern while explorer rearend driveshaft flanges are 3" on center.

If I sold you a 1310 ujoint to 8.8 driveshaft flange adapter, please verify that it will fit an 8.8 before you end up needing it. If it doesn't I will either refund the $10 or get you one that does. I believe Lance, Billy, or XBoBJ ended up with the flange I'm worried about.

i have been running mine for months now.... i think its fine?

Rears? Yeah, they went to XJLI a few months back. I wonder if he used em or sat on them for a while like myself and the guy I bought them from? :laugh2:

Some random OEM bracket washer thing, pretty sure it is part of the rearmost exhaust hangar for a 96, part number J5358978, brand new in bag, FREE

97 and earlier AW4 output speed sensor, FREE

96 and earlier AW4 4x4 rear output housing, FREE if you trade me a busted transmission with the same 6 bolt pattern on it, else I am cutting it in half. This and the OSS above are useful if you have a 98 and later AW4 you are trying to swap into a 97 and earlier XJ and want to prep it before pulling your old tranny out.

And I have 3 VSSes (various years) and at least 6 speedo gears sitting here on my desk now, a flat-pin 3 pin, two round-pin 3 pins, a yellow 30 tooth (I may need this myself), dark green 34 tooth, orange 35 tooth (x2) and long shaft red 36 tooth (x2) speedo gears plus probably others I haven't found around the house yet.

Speedo gears and VSSes are $10 or a sixer each.

Also have a RENIX era speedo gear takeoff housing (the bit that goes in the tcase and gets clocked depending on what gear you have) for $10.

I am sure I will find more of these lying around as I clean up/organize things a bit.

EDIT: starter motor off an 01 Dakota with a 2.5L and an AX15, this is the starter you need if you are swapping an AX15 behind a 4cyl in an XJ/MJ. BILLY stop parting out your MJ and I'll give this to you for free. Anyone else, $10

EDIT2: CPS off an OBD era XJ, not sure which, it has an oval connector with 3 round pins in a row. $5 or a good joke (that isn't my jeep)

Last edited:
FREE:

8350 3752 AW4 input/torque converter neck seal, brand new in bag
8350 4055 AW4 4x4 rear output seal to transfer case input shaft, brand new in bag
National S223830 AW4 input/torque converter neck seal, brand new in box

I found these in the attic today and have absolutely no use for them.

what are the chances one of those speedo gears would make the black jeep's speedo right (if it worked) with 4.10s an ax-15? I haven't researched yet but I guess it would be nice of it to work lol

Pretty sure quadratecs website has a graph for speedo gears

34 tooth turned out to be munched up, I didn't notice when I first posted it. I think we discussed this on fb a while ago, not sure.

Whoever wants it can take it free, I'm not shipping it since IMO it's junk, show up and it's yours.

what are the chances one of those speedo gears would make the black jeep's speedo right (if it worked) with 4.10s an ax-15? I haven't researched yet but I guess it would be nice of it to work lol
4.10s and 35s you would want a 31 tooth ideally. Yours needs a long shaft. Unfortunately I only have 35 and 36 tooth gears for long shaft.

Speaking of which, I will trade the 30 tooth short shaft (fits ~94 and later with 3 pin plastic-housing vehicle speed sensors) gear straight across for a 26 to 30 tooth long shaft gear. I'd prefer 28, but I'll take anything close, really.

Back