• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raffle Discussion

Re: Northwest Fest Raffle!!!

Got my sponsorship renewed. Dont know how they are gonna divide up certificates and such. Ill be sure to bring something nice for you guys!

1st off id like to say Thanks to the current Bod's for putting this together. it is a blast for me and my family.

2nd Thx to all the awsome vendors for suporting our chapter. and a big thanks for the awsome prizes we recive for donation.

i use what i won everytime im on the trail. and belive you me i remember who was the donator of my prizes... PROPS!

i hate to be the 1st one to say it. i know sevral have.
can we instatute a cap on raffle tickets this year? $75 per Member seems fair to me.

i know its a double edged sord, and controvercial. IMO i think it would help to spread out the prizes amongst Members. if it was an open even to all members, paid or not. i think my point would be nul and void.

just some food for thaught. sorry somebody had to say it.
Bronze.

I just thought a few people were SUPER lucky the last few years...
...it all makes sense now - you get what you pay for!

I'd hate to see the chapter make less money from a ticket count cap.
At the same time, it just isn't fair when one person scores all the loot!

Simple. Raise the prices of the tickets. Someone is going to put the same predetermined amount of money down for raffle tickets regardless of how much each ticket costs. This way instead of paying X amount of dollars and have 20 tickets in the bowl, you would have 5 tickets in the bowl. Less chance of you getting picked multiple times.
I hope my example makes sense.

Just an idea.

Simple. Raise the prices of the tickets. Someone is going to put the same predetermined amount of money down for raffle tickets regardless of how much each ticket costs. This way instead of paying X amount of dollars and have 20 tickets in the bowl, you would have 5 tickets in the bowl. Less chance of you getting picked multiple times.

Just an idea.
Never thought about that..:thumbup:

Just an idea.
It's still the same ratio no matter the price. I spend $1 you spend $10. I spend $5 you spend $50, same ratio of 1:10. Let us not forget the point is to raise needed money to help keep our hobby alive, and getting prizes is the side effect.

You spend the same amount of money. Just a different amount of tickets. I know that the logic of chance tells us we have the same chance of winning once because of the ticket ratio and I can be completely wrong but for some reason my mind tells me it will make a difference in the chance that someone will win multiple times.. I can be tired and just not making sense out of the situation period. I was just throwing it out there.

Alright... I think I got it. Tell me if this makes sense.

You spend 20 dollars and buy 20 tickets and add them to the pot. The pot now has 200 tickets in it. 20/200 gives you a 10% chance of winning. Say you're the first to get drawn. You have 19 tickets left in a 199 total ticket pot. Now you have a 9.54% chance of winning AGAIN.

2nd scenario.
You spend 20 dollars and buy 5 tickets and add them to the pot. The pot now has 50 tickets in it. 5/50 gives you a 10% chance of winning. Say you're the first to get drawn. You have 4 tickets left in a 49 total ticket pot. Now you have a 8.16% chance of winning AGAIN.

Interesting ideas.

The NWF raffle is our one big fund raiser for the year. I'm hesitant to put a cap on how much people can spend, since most of our profit goes toward a donation later in the year. We'd kinda be shooting our selves in the foot.

I spent $60 last year and didn't win a thing. It's a raffle, that's how it goes, but at least I know my money went to a good cause.

Maybe we just need more prizes. :scottm:

I spent around $50, and won a $5 prize

My guest spent $20, and won Masterpull winch line, a Master pull bag, Yukon Alloy shafts (inners) And a $200 Rustys offroad gift cert..

honastly on the money making thing. i think it should be more about the Member's one Natonal even for the year. i think it should be more focused on giving back to all the people who have invested into the chapter through the year. i know the money is good and the donation at the end of the year is a great thing. i just think that it is not a good focal point for the nwf planning. remember we have already paid our dues to be part of this event. part of this is that alot of event guests took home prizes. buggs me givin a post like Torx's last. he put the darn thing together.

if we need a fundraizer than i think we should do that throought the year, seprate from the NWF stuff. ill help. great ideas so far. keep em comming
Bronze.

Last edited:
It is a fund raiser. Living out of the loop of the National scene requires we raise our own extra money.
How many times do you see anyone rallying around save a PNW trail on a national scale like you see for the Cali trails? So minority loses and majority wins, I'm not saying it's wrong just saying that's the way things go.
Leave the raffle the way it is, it's a fund raiser, let's raise funds.
I hope no one counts on what they may win to build their Jeeps?

I think if i just buy all the raffle tickets now, it would save alot of time..:rolleyes:

wow.
thanks to all of these sponsors and vendors!
and also to our NWC pres for making it happen!

Back