• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about SYE

You can either go with a Hack N Tap SYE and Front Automatic Drive Shaft or a Standard Type SYE. Why bother with the "Super Short SYE" when you will not need it and it costs so much more.

I have the 231 so the Hack n' Tap is only a few $$ less... I just was looking at the JB conversion web site and they are advertising a newer even shorter Super Short SYE and have two different models and wanted to know the benefit. I have read loads of write up's and installs of SYE and reviews of them, I just saw the new Super Short and wondered why the reason for a short let alone a super short.

Thanks!

Here is a cheap alternative
Good Luck.
But your not getting the full benefit of a HD SYE and that set-up comes with a used driveshaft!

But your not getting the full benefit of a HD SYE and that set-up comes with a used driveshaft!

That's only if you choose to purchase the Driveshaft from them. The yoke is $119 separately. You even could pick up the Yoke at the Junk Yard if you did a Search on this Site and found out what Vehicle would have the one you wanted. Someone just did that a few Weeks ago. I forgot who.

Yes, a HD SYE comes with 32 Splined Shaft to replace the 27 Splined Stock Shaft. It all depends if one can afford to pay out the difference of a Hack N Tack and a Used Driveshaft or a HD SYE Kit and a Custom Driveshaft and its install costs.

Many people use Jeeps with Short Lifts and have never broke a Stock 27 Splined Shaft. Many people with Taller Lifts have done the same with a Hack N Tap. Break the TC Shaft... Buy a HD SYE Kit to Fix it if one would want to do that.

There are plenty of Choices and Plenty of People doing Different Things.

that is the idea, you also do not need to shim your rear axle as much. (IIRC you do not want shims on a SYE T-Case)

Also it keeps you from spilling your t-case fluid all over the trail if you drive shaft brakes, needs replacing, what ever reason...

Power transmission thru a straight line is best.
A short SYE allows for a longer driveshaft operating at less angle.
U joints will last longer also.

Search Drive shaft angle 2727.

Back