• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proposition for US

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Okay got a call there are 12 people from the North GA area that want to see some of the Tellico trails on April 3 but they need rides. They are going to pay us to take them thru Sort of like we meet them at the NC Pay Station on Sat Morning and take them thru Tellico.. Maybe run in 4 and out 6. We're not talking Guardrail or Slick rock although taking them down Upper 2 sounds pretty good.

So waht I need to know is how many of you would be willing???

Basicly we could do just like most runs at Tellico night run Fri night then Take them out Sat and Maybe another night run Sat night. They are not going to want to stay out all day. Would be a free trip with money in our pockets. :party:

how much are they payin? it costs me quite a bit everytime i get up there what with gas costs and all that crap

Sounds interesting. Any other details on the group? japanese engineers? school field trip? journalists? nudists?
Mine will runs those trails, count me in!

-mike

I thinks something like $40 per person...I really don't know who they are...Steve Crawford called me asking if we the Xj crowd wanted to do it because we can carry more passengers than all his wrangler and CJs.

I'm kinda a newbie around here, but I might be able to help out... I know I could handle 4 and 6, might be one tough spot, but I think I could. I know I've done 5 &6 and most of 4 with a stock cherokee, and I'm gonna have 31's with a 2" BB...

I'll do it .
Count me in I can haul three and my self.
Hope they dont care what the vehicle looks like.
Mines getting pretty beat up going down upper 2.
I dont really want to give up the day for tours though.
If we cant do March too, I'll just meet you sat.april 3
at the pay station.
I'm definately interested in making a little green.
Just let me know.

Last edited:
i'm in, just let me know more details.

i should be able to provide a seat or 2.gettin paid to go wheelin' holey cow its a dream come true. :shocked:

I am also a newbe here but I have run trails 5, 6 and 8. Never been on 4. Get me somemore details and I will let you know if I can make it for sure. I am in Albany and it is a 6+ hour drive but I need the seat time to finish breaking in my rig.

Let's see, if they didn't mind sitting on each other's laps I could get 2 in the front seat, 6 in the back seat, 2 in the cargo area, and 2 on the roof rack. Sounds like an easy $480 bucks! The rest of y'all can stay home. :D Seriously though, I'd be willing to give a ride to 1 or 2 of 'em.

It looks like we will have plenty of rides for them and just another weekend for us to ride...I hope to have my rig ready so of course i need th eseat time myself....

Shelbyluvv if you have rocker protection then you should be fine on 4 no real big deal the worst part is from 5 over to Fain's Ford.

I will call Steve tomorrow and tell him to set it up and since we will be there 2 weeks before if they cancel Steve will know...

Don't really know all I was told was a group from Commerce...

Politicians and lawyers that want to see Tellico before they bring their Mercedes and Lexus' to ride???? to see if they dare.

Andy...did you get my pm bout the shafts?

Damn! Wish I was closer! THen again who would want to ride in the Ghost! Waaahaaaaa! UUUURghhhh! Was that what it was called?

since most don't know me allow me to introduce myself and the rig. I am a Marine living in Albany GA. I drive a 2000 Sport with a 8" Rockkrawler long arm lift with 35" Pro Comp mud terrains. Other dodads are the throttle body spacer, AA sye and Woods shaft, Proto-fab winch bumper, AJ's Superrails and EZ locked rear. Future mods include Warn hub conversion, Downeast Offroad high steer, HP 30, Dana 44 conversion with ZJ disks, 4:88's and lockers all around, Bushwackers and a few other goodies. If I only had the time to put her down for a week to finish all that stuff! Glad to be here. Look forward to wheelin with some of ya'll. Robert.

shelbyluvv said:
since most don't know me allow me to introduce myself and the rig. I am a Marine living in Albany GA. I drive a 2000 Sport with a 8" Rockkrawler long arm lift with 35" Pro Comp mud terrains. Other dodads are the throttle body spacer, AA sye and Woods shaft, Proto-fab winch bumper, AJ's Superrails and EZ locked rear. Future mods include Warn hub conversion, Downeast Offroad high steer, HP 30, Dana 44 conversion with ZJ disks, 4:88's and lockers all around, Bushwackers and a few other goodies. If I only had the time to put her down for a week to finish all that stuff! Glad to be here. Look forward to wheelin with some of ya'll. Robert.

Welcome Robert! I look forward to wheelin' with ya.

Lee

Man Heather, if the pay was better I'd come down and take them up Lower 2, do you think they'll pay for my bus diesel if I do that and take them up Guardrail???

Last time I saw you on lower 2 it was at the end of a winch! LOL! I'm just jelouse b/c I cann't run it!

I can get one person in mine. I can promise them a ride they won't forget!

Back