• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

fixed death wobble, installed transmission cooler,and power steering cooler, replaced passenger unit bearing, new upper and lower super flex arms installed, shaved the 8.25, changed the shocks, changed the oil, rebalenced the tires. i think i got everything coverd

:cheers: i just want to get there already and wheel the hell outta my jeep

what about a lift? you still running stock height? DITA

to buy:
steel for rockers next week
steel for front unibody stiffeners (maybe) DONE
WJ swap stuff DONE
taller coils DONE

to do:
weld on ruff stuff stiffeners next week
fab new rockers/rock rails next week after i get steel
weld on front unibody stiffeners (after making them) half done welding
install taller coils DONE
install and adjust rock krawler control arms DONE
install new front driveshaft DONE
install new edelbrock shocks FRONT'S DONE
install WJ steering and brakes stuff almost done
re-fab new bumper mounts old ones are cut off
fab new crossmember mounting system probably not happening
LCA skids DONE
install RE SS lines DONE
install new D30 seals DONE
maybe some hockey puck bumpstopping, if there's time DONE

new things:
rebuild and install durango box DONE
change AC compressor out (old one froze up) DONE

Well, pretty much everything that's going to get done has been done at this point. Some things have been postponed because there's just no time left. Still me and rig are both in fighting trim and ready to rumble.

The final tally:

Done:
1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing
1a. (New) Put coat of Rustoleum over primer on new rockers (waiting for warm weekend)
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed
3. Select/Acquire new front bumper with integrated recovery points (my Rusty's tow hook brackets have been structurally compromised)
3a. Pick color to paint bumper when it arrives
4. Order/Install replacement diff cover on rear axle to replace peeling OEM unit
5. Coordinate meeting with MrShaft696 (he's buying my C4x4 rock rails)
6. Register
7. Paint bumper.
8. Install bumper. (Gracious thanks to the steady-handed soul who did the fender trimming for me - I don't know if I'd have been calm enough to do it myself, though I was quite calm as I watched)
9. Tweak adjustment on my auto deflators will do at campground - stupid easy

Not Done:
1. Replace mangled OEM transfer case crossmember
2. Install HD tie rod from recent Group Buy
3. Fix my homebrew power mirror harness (outstanding from pre-Moab, it's annoying me because it worked fine all summer until the carpet was reinstalled three days before I hit the road for the 25th)
5. Redo power wiring on my Tsunami compressor before it pulls completely out of the fuse holder
6. Watch the rest of the NACFest 2008 videos (got as far as me crossing of Rock Creek on Disc 1) bringing along, may try to watch some at camp on my laptop

better hurry up this thread is almost obsolete!!!!

I installed my aussie locker in the front last night. It seems to work ... I guess ... not that I really would know if it wasn't.

Everything is all set now. The only thing I didn't do was track down my vaccum leak. No biggie - won't really want heat blowing on my feet in June anyway!

All I have left to do now is pack the truck, head to NACFEST, and promptly break all the stuff I've spent six months working on!!!

Well, my To Do list is long, but it's mostly easy stuff ...

- Sell my stock tire carrier - done
- Actually receive my new bumper, paint it, get it mounted - will be done today
- Mount the body armor - tomorrow
- Break in my gears & ensure the locker works (fun, fun!) - working on it!
- Swap the Swampers back on - Tue or Wed.
- Swap over speedo gear for the 32s N/A
- Put a new shock on the rear hatch (involves a visit to the bone yard) done
- Swap on "new" hatch or fix holes in existing hatch left over from the stock carrier - sealed the holes :(
- change front wiper motor
- Check u-joints, grease, etc.
- Check all fluids, change/top off/fill what's necessary

Blah, blah, blah ... the more I write, the more I remember :( .

Yeah, and let's add to that ... FIX THE DAMN DEATH WOBBLE!! I am so not a happy camper :cry:.

Got my rear bumper finished today, Someday I will box in under the tail lights and add a tire rack, but I think I'm ready.

006-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

I installed my aussie locker in the front last night. It seems to work ... I guess ... not that I really would know if it wasn't.

Everything is all set now. The only thing I didn't do was track down my vaccum leak. No biggie - won't really want heat blowing on my feet in June anyway!

All I have left to do now is pack the truck, head to NACFEST, and promptly break all the stuff I've spent six months working on!!!

haha if its working properly, you will click click click click around tight turns

I think I'm good to go now.

Made this brace for the trackbar bracket:

4551_567732173259_24800499_33626344_6677932_n.jpg

Did a bunch of plating etc on the driver frame side, built a new rear driveshaft and got it installed, swapped out the joints in the old one for a spare, tweaked a bunch of stuff on the steering, put my exhaust back together in the rear, ya know...all in a day's work. :D

Anyone who wants to follow me around Saturday, don't be scared, I don't bite...the rocks may though. :D

Back