• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

projects around the house

and i still have more projects to complete...but most of em take time and money....time i have....money.....meh.

Since some of us don't have garages, some of us are stuck doing stupid landscaping projects.

oh i have a fairly large sized one of those to do as well. luckily, i already have all the stuff to do it except mulch....which this time i will borrow a trailer to get, instead of using the bed of my diesel. i have about a 30' by 4' section of weeds and crap to kill and dig out, even out all the dirt and holes from the hubby and his friends yanking bushes out with the diesels, then fabric, stake, and mulch. same with the area around our lone tree. tired of trying to mow right around the edges....it SUCKS!

but of course....not doing that in the middle of a rainstorm.

Don't use mulch; use rock. You won't have to redo it. We used lava rock and so far so good. Also, you won't have to stake if you use rocks and they won't fade and they won't float away during rain.

Also, go to rural king and get a blow-torch attachment for a propane tank; it'll kill all the weeds super fast. Also good for killing weeds and grass in the gravel driveway.

buy a goat.. limit the rope to a 6 foot radius at a time cause it will eat anything..
then when its done weeding.. you can re-sell it on CL. lol

mark

buy a goat.. limit the rope to a 6 foot radius at a time cause it will eat anything..

mark

mark

I despise goats. they are disgusting. if i really wanted one i'd go steal the one from our buddies house in the neighboring town (literally he lives 4 mi away)

I'm going to do mulch due to the fact that when i landscaped the other front half, i used mulch, and i despise rock if you ever want to change it. mulch will decompose and is much easier to deal with later....not to mention cheaper when I buy it in bulk from the nursery.

Meh, do it once and be done.

I am doing it once:) cuz after this the hubby gets to help with concurrent projects involving the yard.

Haha. I just hate doing lots of landscaping, so we picked picked something that requires minimal upkeep.

i dont mind landscaping, because i enjoy the instant gratification factor of it, when you look at what you just accomplished and it looks pretty dang good.

i like minimal upkeep, and i dont mind mulch. 1) i think it looks better than rock 2) its much nicer to my mower (and anything surrounding it if it gets flung) and 3) i'm not into lots of flowers and stuff, so the basic mulch around the bushes we have left and the tree gives it a nice clean appearance.

i'll take good pictures either this weekend or sometime next week to post em to show what it all looks like.

COME ON FRIDAY NITE!!!!

Ah, see this is how we did it. So we don't have to worry about anything getting in the grass or having to redo it.

2344270932_054437413a_b.jpg

2343497367_a6374a7bce_b.jpg

that looks pretty nice. the most expensive part about the other section i did is that I used the concrete flagstone things from lowes....and those alone were almost 400 bucks. i dont quite have the cash for that for the other side....and it doesnt butt up to the sidewalk. However I think i'm gonna have to come up with an alternate idea for where the downspout for our gutter is....

i've already got all the supplies (fabric, stakes, edging). just not the mulch, cuz i'll go to wolcotts on wilma rudolph again.

and....i still have to finish my painting project in the house.

Yeah, we spent a lot on the edging too, but we think it looks pretty nice. We still have some left to do around the side of teh house next to the AC unit, but we'll 'downgrade' those edging blocks.

yea...i've downgraded for the other section. just cant afford to do all the big spendy bricks at almost 2 bucks a piece. so going low budget...but i take my time to make it look nice.

Get some workers from Home Depot to help ya do the work. Landscaping is something I like to watch other people do to my yard while I drink a beer lol.

i like the satisfaction of doing it myself. that way if it doesnt come out the way i want, i have no one to blame but myself.....that and i dont want to pay workers from home depot. i'd rather pay friends in beer and pizza (or whatever i decide to make)

well now I get to add an additional thing: finish fencing my back yard....and ensure my dog cant dig......stinking dumbass dog.

yay.....got part of a project done!! I came up with the idea for an accent wall in our living room due to the smallish size and being as the tv dominates the wall, i wanted something to bring a little "pop" into the living room. lemme know what yall think!

before:
IMG_1288.jpg

during:
IMG_1290.jpg

and after will come here in awhile after i assure that all the paint is dry and i move things back to the way it should be.

Too funny, diy network on the tv combat boots and ammo cans everywhere. :thumbup:

Back