• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

The 10.5 at this point isn't long term. But pricing is right for the pair to justify. Ditch witch for sure but it's got what I need.

The 10.5 at this point isn't long term. But pricing is right for the pair to justify. Ditch witch for sure but it's got what I need.

No...get rid of it :laugh:

Call me and we can talk this evening, it ain't worth the effort.

My buddy Evan just offloaded his, since he realized a 14BFF makes SO much more sense.

And, you can get the all day for ~$100.

And, WAY more aftermarket support.

Eh. It's already done. Gears and all. I'll run it til time allows for a build to get done for a different rear.

Totally worth it to get the trd. The sr/sr5 have different diff gears so with the 265's it shifts constantly. The trd options seem to take it better.
Suspension is the same as the previous generation. Interior is nicer for sure.
Motor is totally a car motor. No bottom end but does well up high. We average 20mpg.

Planning on the TRD

Thanks

No...get rid of it :laugh:

Call me and we can talk this evening, it ain't worth the effort.

My buddy Evan just offloaded his, since he realized a 14BFF makes SO much more sense.

And, you can get the all day for ~$100.

And, WAY more aftermarket support.

Im going with a 06 super duty 60 in the front and have the 14 bolt for the rear.. its hard to find someone just selling the super duty 60 with out Giving away that 10.5

Right. And then it's wrong bolt patterns and blah blah blah.
Everything I'm going to run in this jeep I've done with a 30 on 35's. So it'll be ok for time being.
Plus I'm paying hardly more than you did but these are geared and locked with no miles.

Right. I'll be changing the rear to a 14bokt. Just not this second. This will get me rolling and give me time to get it going.

I see no problem with running a free to dirt cheap 10.5 until you dial in a 14b. Are you staying leaves in the rear? Doing the MJ leaves like I did?

Build sounds good. 40s are not as easy to fit under an XJ so the 6.5" versus a 4.5" coil will make that a little easier and less trimming.

Yes staying leaf but not Mj leaf. Bought the adjustable u bolt eliminator mounts for rear. 1-3" adjustability which will work perfect for me.

Everything Im going to run in this jeep I've done with a 30 on 35's. So it'll be ok for time being.

Devil's advocate, here, but why go to a 60 / 10.5 (or later 14b) on 40's if you've done it with a 30 on 35's?

Piece of mind. Really the goal was 1/2 ton stuff and 37's. But I stepped up for 2 reasons.
1 the tons fell in my lap at a great deal.
2 I got the 40's better prices than 37's.

This build is cheaper than the build I was planning on 37's.

I've ran the stuff on 35's. But any last thread will show the ways the jeep paid for the decisions I made. I've been stressed wheeling before hoping I didn't break stuff.

Back