• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

Talked with Mike, and agreed he should run the 10.5 for now. I didn't realize it was already geared and locked with 5.38's. Since its staying leaf sprung, it's and easy swap later.

Why the hate on the 10.5? It's no 14 bolt but it's not that bad, other than spinning pinion bearings.

Lack of support and availability...and size.

Hell, my long time buddy/former roommate is putting his TJ on tons. He picked up a 10.5 for free. That thing made my 14BFF feel light :laugh:

He had a bit of difficulty GIVING the dang thing away.

A shave on a 14B is easy, and there is a lot of aftermarket support for it comparatively.

Somehow manage to break a shaft? What do you think is going to be FAR easier to find a shaft for?

Also, the remove-able pinion sure is a hell of a lot nicer, with the pinion support adding a bit of comfort in my eyes.

There's just enough positives over the 10.5 that it makes sense to throw a 14B under it at some point, especially if linking it.

upside to working nights, being home when goodies come in.
Tires and leaf packs came in today.
image_zps9kmm8vt1.jpeg

Dude I can't even express how impressed I am with them just visually. I am dying to get them on the rig.

Well as I didn't feel like doing a HNT on the 242 I decided to swap to 231.
Still waiting on the sye for that, but picked up the Boostwerks Engineering HD 231 shift linkage. The price is pretty hard to beat and its way more stout than stock stuff.
image_zpsyuon3v9w.jpeg

Well looks like the buyer backed out. Got my deposit refund notice on the axles. Back to looking for more axles again. Yay me.

Got to bang out some work today. Time for a nap. Ruff stuff ubolt eliminators,( seem very well built and very beefy!!) are going to let me push the rear back as much as I can before getting into fuel tank clearance issues.
Got the RE leaf packs installed. The mix of them with the Boostwerks shackles should make the rear ride pretty damn good for leaf.
image_zps3kpmvzbm.jpeg

Also. Should be picking up axles Saturday afternoon which will let me get the rear on its own weight granted that the wheels show up by then.

Eh I told dude I assumed they were sold elsewhere and was going to buy something else. Magically he appeared and I'm picking them up Saturday before work.

Back