• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Olive Drab

Well, I wasn't going to tell you what to do with your own rig, but since everyone else is...

Go Green! You're right, the black steelies are really, really tired...

I run my cheap white wagon wheels, specifically because they're not black steelies...

Robert

Robert 771 said:
Well, I wasn't going to tell you what to do with your own rig, but since everyone else is...

Go Green! You're right, the black steelies are really, really tired...

I run my cheap white wagon wheels, specifically because they're not black steelies...

Robert

I'll hit them with OD, if i dont like it i can always shoot them black again.

I appreciate the input from ya'll, i have changed my mind on the 1/4 protection.. they will be shot black now....i think. :laugh:

OD wheels would be tiz-ite yo! For real though, I like the sound of the ODwheels. That's how the HMMWVs are I think.
Looks good.

You might like this.
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

bizkit642 said:
You might like this.
Yeah... Bad ASS!!!
Black accents that what I wanna do... leave my bumpers and trim, door handles n such.. Herc??? hmmm

You spray gun that or rattle can? ahh just caught that you "Rattle Can" it... smooth dude.

Last edited:
Yeah, that rig looks good. IIRC the owner posted up earlier.

I'd like to see pics of that early Toy sitting in front of it.

BlackSport96 said:
OD wheels would be tiz-ite yo! For real though, I like the sound of the ODwheels.

You Sir are a wise man!

Wedding saturday.. wife STRONGLY recommends no painting prior. So i'll get the bumpers, 1/4's and rack sprayed, and winch/flares installed.

I'm thinking of ordering new tires, might wait till then to paint the wheels.

mage said:
Yeah... Bad ASS!!!
Black accents that what I wanna do... leave my bumpers and trim, door handles n such.. Herc??? hmmm

You spray gun that or rattle can? ahh just caught that you "Rattle Can" it... smooth dude.

Actually just walmart special. Make sure you get the roll on kind. It worked MUCH better than I could of ever imagined.

-Andrew

OverlandXJ said:
Yeah, that rig looks good. IIRC the owner posted up earlier.

I'd like to see pics of that early Toy sitting in front of it.

I'll get some pics posted for ya.

-Andrew

bizkit642 said:
Actually just walmart special. Make sure you get the roll on kind. It worked MUCH better than I could of ever imagined.

-Andrew

"Walmart Special" ?? Is it literally a Walmat kit OR... Herc. ?

Curt

Got a few things bolted back on yesterday. I'll paint the bumpers next weekend, rained heavy here yesterday and i'm currently DD'n this.

I'll be ordering 33x10.5 BFG MT's this week as well.

wwinchinstalled001.jpg

xjreassembly2004.jpg

Xtreme XJ said:
"Walmart Special" ?? Is it literally a Walmat kit OR... Herc. ?

Curt

No, not actually a wal-mart brand. Just the stuff that is sold at walmart. Comes in a red gallon. It's called platsti-ko or something like that.

-Andrew

OverlandXJ said:
Got a few things bolted back on yesterday. I'll paint the bumpers next weekend, rained heavy here yesterday and i'm currently DD'n this.

I'll be ordering 33x10.5 BFG MT's this week as well.

Wow! That sure looks good!!! I like, a lot. Good job. :thumbup: Did you put a clear coat on it? Would thaty be a good idea?

Trail-Axe said:
Wow! That sure looks good!!! I like, a lot. Good job. :thumbup: Did you put a clear coat on it? Would thaty be a good idea?

Clear would take away the flat look.

-Andrew

Back