• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Merc....

Got a present today...

CIMG0403-1.jpg

CIMG0404.jpg

Is it better to take a steering stabilizer to the drag link, or tie rod? I need to add one to my jeep and Im trying to figure out what I should do

So Mike and I were at the shop putting the finishing touches on 8.8 4.56 Detroit locker axle swap into a XJ and front regear when couple guys walked up to the back door. I went over to see what they needed, and they sheepishly asked if I could give them a hand they were stuck in the field next to the shop. I said sure I can winch you out. So took the Merc over and there it was a full size Chevy sitting in the goo to my delight (being a Ford guy). Merc pulled him right out. And then he took my number said he wanted to get some bumpers made. LOL
CIMG0499-1.jpg

First test for the 10k lbs Superwinch did good. You could barely see the top of the guys 35 inch tires.

Last edited:
Got it installed right before lunch. This baby is so smooth. Can't even tell it is there in 2 wheel drive.

CIMG0524.jpg

CIMG0525-1.jpg

Got a question for you. Thats a aftermarket diff cover right? Did you put bends in your tie rod on the ends to clear the diff or did you just go straight across all the way? You dont have any problems hitting the diff? What size DOM are you using?
No bends it does hit the clover slightly. No biggie though. The tube is .250 wall 1.5 DOM. Then the Heims are 45k load capacity. I have used the tie rod to jack the whole front up it will bow but comes right back to normal after I let it come back down. Pretty awesome stuff. :D

Back