• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project L.A.S.R.

Thanks, yeah its glossy, my camera is not the greatest but if you look at the hood in the last pic you can see the gloss, it still needs some refining and needs to be buffed to get that "glass like" reflection.

thats too pretty to take offroad now.. you ruined it! hahaha~

mark

I thought I had some pictures of it on mine. Apparently not. Fun starts at 2:39 on the video.

edit: this is a direct link to the video: LINK

Build is looking good KGP416

I didnt get a whole lot done last nite, started working on the dash, got most of it put back together. Next I've got to work on the electrical connections for the power outlets and switches under heater controls (the wires were cut), and run some extra power wires before I put the carpet in for stuff like CB, AMP, cup holder lights, door lights, etc.

Gonna have to go back to the c4c lot for some minor nuts and bolts and small parts here and there, also discovered that the steering wheel nut is missing :scared:, lol

also im still dealing with the starting issue, only starts with starting fluid, but stays running after that, i still need to empty the gas tank, i think the gas is too old to get the initial spark

and something is awry with the charging system, it worked fine prior to the swap, but i must be missing something, i checked the grounds, or maybe by chance the alternator died about the same time as the swap ? idk

The vehicle originally had the sentry key, but since i wasnt running the original computer, i disabled it by unplugging the unit at the steering column and changing out the lock cylinder with a regular key.
But the first time i went to start it after the swap i used the sentry key wired up to a mismatched computer, and it would not fire up (because the sentry system activated) Is it possible that when i tried to use a sentry key the first time with the wrong computer it sent a kill code to the computer and the computer is storing it ? and thereby disabling charging system and the injectors at first but allows to be started with starting fluid fooling the system ? idk, im gonna search around

ahh the joys of a build
KP

Wires under the dash shouldn't be to hard as just match color to color when splicing back together. For the starting issue it sound's like the pump isn't building up enough pressure in the rail to start it, I'd get a fuel pressure guage and see what it actually is as a low pressure can keep it running but not allow it to start. Could also be the filter but if you've got the newer tank with the pump on top then the filter's part of the pump. I wouldn't jump to the gas as my xj sat for the last 6 months with the same gas in it and all I did was pour a bottle of heet in and add another 5 gals of gas to mix it up and it fired right up without any problems.

You could also clamp the return line some to allow more pressure to build in the rail.
Fuel pressure is good at 49lbs startup and running, btw there is no return line on 97-01, thanks though

yeah i remember this, ill check it out, thanks

I got a little more done last nite, started putting the doors back together, got the seals on and the door glass in, starting to look sharp, also started putting the rear hatch back together then I found out the 98 hatch wiring I have is not the same connectors on the body side of the Jeep, so thats one more part i need to get.

:star: made a discovery too ! when i was at the yard i picked up a master window switch, but it was from the RHD XJ, but if i hook it up in the LHD the express down feature is for the passenger side window, now im gonna combine the 2 and have express down for both driver and passenger like most modern cars, Yay ! or check this out, the passenger side is already wired for all the buttons so the master switch works on either side, so i could have 2 master window switches on both sides of the front of the XJ, just to be different.

oh and my digital camera died :(, but i did snap a few cell phone pics, so i guess thats an excuse to buy a new one :D

4399753773_24ebc45ab6.jpg

4399753789_6197d2a94a.jpg

Wow, man, thats gonna be sharp! You gonna lift it any or is this gonna be a stocker?

No respirator????:scared:
Been there, done that, not doing it again. I didn't do that much painting before I realized those warnings were there for a reason.

KGP - only two nitpicks... it looks like the drip rail edge came unhooked right at the front before you painted it :( and I personally would have removed the header panel for painting so that it doesn't get stuck to the fenders, I hate having to cut a web of paint and chip things up when a single body panel needs to be replaced.

Wow, man, thats gonna be sharp! You gonna lift it any or is this gonna be a stocker?
yeah i plan on lifting, maybe 3 or so to start out then bigger down the road maybe, depends, i really need it to be reliable enough for cross country travel too, depending on where uncle sam sends me next and my desire to go on long road trips, i also want to add a light weight exo cage too with removable sections and hooked into a HD brushguard

Been there, done that, not doing it again. I didn't do that much painting before I realized those warnings were there for a reason.

KGP - only two nitpicks... it looks like the drip rail edge came unhooked right at the front before you painted it :( and I personally would have removed the header panel for painting so that it doesn't get stuck to the fenders, I hate having to cut a web of paint and chip things up when a single body panel needs to be replaced.

lol, yeah the body shop guy was a little crazy, i was wearing a mask though.

yeah, good eye, the drip rail was detached at the front in the damaged area because i got behind it during repair of the pillar and i wanted to get a nice coat of sealant on there before i glued it back together to prevent rust in the future, also the header was spaced out just slightly to prevent adhesion to the fender during paint so as to make access easier in the future if needed (you can see the gap in the second picture of the painted jeep in the booth, the first pic has a weird illusion in that spot)

Thanks for the input,
KP

awesome :thumbup: Glad to hear. That thing is beautiful, I would feel bad scratching it up in the woods.

made alot of progress today figured out the starting/charging problem (it ended up being a 15amp fuse in the PDC, once i replace the fuse it fired right up and the alternator started charging like a champ), installed the front seats, carpet, some trim, front seatbelts, headliner and mocked up the front bumper with fog lights, installed the catalytic converter, found some exhaust pipe too at the yard, gonna grab a muffler soon, just something to get by for now.

last nite i installed the taillights, and mocked up the decal on the rear hatch, put the "Jeep" logo on the center, just to be different

havent got a new camera yet so heres some more cell pics...

4402315283_7e206e0cea.jpg

4403080924_e4eac2943c.jpg

4404556137_cc53143985.jpg

I like this pic, it's starting to look sharp

4404556163_4cfb2cc940.jpg

YOU RUINED IT! heheh
Looks like new..
is that going to be retitled as a 2010 Jeep Cherokee LASR?

Back