• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project L.A.S.R.

mild, but the ability to upgrade later, I cant lift too high right now, "they" have limits

hey mines a zombie too!!
SANY0254-Copy.jpg

...scratch the BB,

I ordered LASR an RC lift, hope to have it delivered and installed by saturday (with spring isolators)...
FAIL, big time. Well i ordered my lift from Rough Country on the 17th, they apparently shipped that day and it was delivered to my house last nite while i was at work, got home this morning and nothing is there,

next i called UPS, first they tell me they left 8 packages "in" my garage ? well unless they broke into my house and put my packages in there i dont see how. (yes for the hell of it i looked there too) looked every where around the house no package. Call them back and start a claim, and they tell me it has to go though the shipper, so i called RC back and had them start a claim and he will call me back when he hears something

some time goes by, got a return call from UPS and they claim to have spoke with the driver and he stated that he delivered it. Then RC calls me back and states the driver called him and stated he did not deliver it because of "dogs", i was like dogs ? my dog was in kennel, the guy at RC said the UPS driver stated that there were dogs in my yard and he decided to skip delivery, that they would send a post card and i could pick it up next week. so somebody is lying here.

then i get another call stating that they put the item in front of my wifes car in the driveway, "hidden" i was like WTF ? whatever, then i called RC back to cancel the order and now they are waitng to hear back from UPS land that can take up to 8 days.

so, now im disputing the paypal transaction, puting a stop pay through my bank and filing a police report for apparent stolen or undelivered property, what a disaster !

KGP416,

As someone who works in order fulfillment for a living (not anything cool like jeep lifts though!), i really HATE that for you and unfortunately this happens ALL the time.

Here are a couple tips that i hope will help with your claim:
1. disputing the Paypal transaction is a good step!
2. Obviously you nor your wife signed for UPS, did you request for signature authorized drop off? Usually over a certain value, UPS requires signature authority before they can drop off. It may or may not help.
3. RC probably has a remote site performing their fulfillment (like my company), so their customer service likely has to work with another remote facility who has to start a proper claim with UPS. While UPS gives us the standard up to 7 day claim investigation, it's normally within 48 hrs they know what happened.

Good luck, and I hope this is ironed out for you ASAP. one of the things I've started doing after one too many bad experiences like the above was too use my Amex card where possible online b/c they have a GREAT dispute department and you can see the credit in as little as 24 hrs!

yeah nobody signed for it, they claim "driver discrection", well he made the wrong choice in my opinion. RC is kinda smaller company and shipped right from their warehouse in TN about 120 miles from my house (ive bought there before and been to their warehouse/company)

the thing that pisses me off is that im kinda stuck with the bill for now because RC wont refund my money because UPS claims to have delivered it. Right now i have nothing to show for it and im out big $$ on top of that.

on the bright side i got a lead on some used lift parts, i might go that route for now, i dont want to wait around for a week for a "maybe", i dont have the time

my friend ordered a RC kit,, UPS delivered.. left them at his door.. some kids saw the Rough Country boxes. Stole the kit, he never saw it.. RC didnt refund but UPS did cause they left it there without having it signed..
Deal with UPS..
but over all.. that sucks big monkey dongs...

Mark

thats BS they cant go on word of mouth with a delivery... if there were 8 packages worth lots of money, they require a signature, if neither of you signed for it and there are multiple explanations that dont collaborate... something is fishy.

well I guess UPS or a Leprechaun is F'n with me.

I worked last nite got home this morning and now there are 2 leaf springs sitting on my porch with UPS shipping labels on them (I photographed and documented them, just incase), of course its Saturday and no one is at UPS to answer the phone.

Ive been googling "UPS missing packages", thats some fishy business they got, they have one clause where they offer insurance but when its time to pay they won't honor the face value only the cost of the material to create it.

wait... so they called the drive, he said he delivered them... then rc calls the driver, he says he didnt deliver them... then magically, part of the packages gets delivered the next night...

sounds really fishy

isnt UPS looking for a bailout from obama recently? sounds like they arent doign so well... maybes its all the deliveries not making it to the customers and they having to pay out... lol

Installed the 2 mystery leaf springs this afternoon after verfiying they are the correct items, still missing all the other parts, oh I just want to say "Thanks UPS" for F'n up my weekend.

Well i think im gonna BB the front tomorrow with a coil spacer and isolator to get me by for now, got some work to do cleaning up the front axle tomorrow, might be a long day, its the original NY rusty LPd30 for now, til i get my hands on something else, on a positive note i got alot of new parts into it (balljoints, bearings, brakes, diff oil, u-joints)

pics from today...

4449855540_7c998e484d_b.jpg

4449079531_81c9a93310.jpg

4449079631_86ebb0a93f_b.jpg

I got the front lifted today, its got a nice stance now, rides a whole lot better with spring isolators. It still needs a few things down the road like discos, new ctrl arms, trackbar, maybe a whole new HP D30.

I also have more parts to install like the towhooks, skids, tail light guards, decals, fog light wiring, door trim etc. and it definitely needs a nice new exhaust.

4452642533_8e1608a0d2_b.jpg

Did you get the rest of your lift kit or did you just use the 2" BB spacer?

XJ looks great.

Back