• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Frostbite

added some decals...

17415314631_25e78de527_b.jpg" width="1024" height="576" alt="IMG_20150505_142657178_HDR"

17415312261_05fe7ed601_b.jpg" width="1024" height="576" alt="IMG_20150505_192605883_HDR"

I may have missed it but are you gonna use any kind of flare on it? Looks really good!!!!

I may have missed it but are you gonna use any kind of flare on it? Looks really good!!!!

Yea I'd be really interested in what you do. I have thought about putting the factory ones back on Greenie but I don't like how they mount.

Thanks, still deciding on the flare, paint is a little soft yet. I might throw the stock back on but I might change up the tire and wheel combo to make it functional without trimming, its that on going jeep thing ;)

I just put rear flares on the front of mine. I cut up the 97+ brackets to clamp the flare in place. Looks good with the stock rear flares.

I can appreciate how clean this thing is and the work put into it.

but I hate 97+ clips on Comanches.

great work though.

Because I'm odd, and I don't like the chryco grill.

Which is why I have a basement full of really odd AMC bits for mine.
It may get a color matched 21 slot.

I just put rear flares on the front of mine. I cut up the 97+ brackets to clamp the flare in place. Looks good with the stock rear flares.

IIRC the 97 brackets clamp the flare in place. Any pictures of what you are talking about?

I'll take some later today and post them up if KP doesn't mind.

Here's how I cut my 97 brackets to clamp the rear flare in place.

I had to trim off the front pieces to retain the 97 front caps. I also shaved off the lower rear part *inside the flare* where the fender bumps out for the body line.

Over all I'm happy with the look. I had to drill a couple holes in the fender so I could use the hole in the flare.

So the bolts go through the flare? That is kind of what I was thinking.

hey, it's your junk, do what you want.

It's super clean and I'm jelly.
I hope mine turns out as well, with a proper AMC era grille with the metal trim......

he was asking to post pics in my build thread and I was saying sure, but yeah, I guess that works too ;)

Back