• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Frostbite

Im pretty sure they have the same wires just a different plug, seems like it'd be easy enough to splice the 2 together.

So KP I have this Comanchee and all these parts...... :)

I'm interested to see what you do with the lower kick panels. They are just different enough to look out of place with the old style lower door plastics. I cut the hood release hole in my drivers side kick panel and it fits good. The passenger side has still not been installed. The fuse box over there makes it not sit right.

Great work on the truck. You will love having an OBD-II MJ.

I run the late model kick panel with a curved cut out for the parking brake travel on the driver side and a late model kick on the pass side for fuse block access. The kick panels are factory agate and I paint the lower MJ door trim agate to match. The missing lines on the XJ panels are barely noticeable in such a dark cab, its a minor detail to me.

That's how I had mine at first. The missing lines and the rounded panels bothered me. I am still working on a solution for the passenger side.

Made a JY run yesterday and picked up some needed parts; ZJ PS box, ZJ fuel line, dakota 22gal fuel tank and sender (which the pump turned out to be bad so I had to get a new one from advance)

a>

a>

a>

a>

made a jumper to go from the dakota pump to the XJ fuel pump harness and test fit the tank

a>

a>

a>

also picked up some XJ brake lines from the dealer

a>

Hold on. Where did you get an XJ with tan interior. I thought you just had the silver one with Agate.

Between this build and your Abby build I have learned a few things. Thanks for taking the pics and quality work.

Why a ZJ fuel line?

What's the plan for the tail lights? 97+ like the other truck or keeping the old style?

I kept the old ones but I think 97+ is in my future. Tracking down and restoring 23+ year old lenses is a PIA at times.

Last edited:
Hold on. Where did you get an XJ with tan interior. I thought you just had the silver one with Agate.
Wife's Jeep

Between this build and your Abby build I have learned a few things. Thanks for taking the pics and quality work.

Why a ZJ fuel line?

What's the plan for the tail lights? 97+ like the other truck or keeping the old style?

I kept the old ones but I think 97+ is in my future. Tracking down and restoring 23+ year old lenses is a PIA at times.
I like the ZJ line simply because its braided stainless at the bends vs rubber. I am also thinking 97+ tails again too because like you said the old lenses just don't cleanup that well, but i'm still debating.

Your work continues to amaze. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Got the rear 8.8 swapped over yesterday and modified the perches to fit the MJ, threw on some wheels bled the brakes, put in a front drive shaft and drove it back in to the garage :)

a>

a>

mounted the charcoal canister/ evap line and threw the fenders and header panel back on then started stripping it down to prep for paint

a>

a>

a>

keeping busy, got all the decals removed and stripped it down, worked on fixing the dents and dings, got most of the panels straight enough for me

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Worked on getting it sanded down and primed

a>

pulled it back in the garage and prepped for paint, decided on Bright White Clear Coat code:pW7
a>

first coat of base,5 total
a>

first coat of clear, 2 total
a>

Back