• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems With Tennessee Offroad

:sigh:

I understand. The point remains that TOR no longer employs Dave Midgett, more than likely has less than zero leverage with him, and has no dog in this fight. The right thing to do is for Lucas to stop posting this stuff on the Internet and call the cops.

As to how clear it is that Lucas isn't bad-mouthing TOR in his posts ... take another look at the title of this thread. "Problems with Tennessee Offroad." I repeat, his problem is not with Tennessee Offroad, it is with Dave Midgett, and he{s wasting time posting this junk on the Internet when he should be talking to the cops and maybe filing a claim in small claims court.

"I have TOR reciepts for the money that was given to dave..."
I think that makes TOR invovled. I maybe wrong but if TOR took the money and passed it to Dave without having the axles, there that was their mistake and that makes them invovled.

I just bought Dave's XJ last week and he said he was still the manager of TN offroad. Did he lie to me? Oh well, I got what I wanted.

wow. ok. Like Ari pointed out, I wasn't coming here explicitly to slander anyone, I was just posting my experiences with Dave/TOR. Whether or not TOR is involved , they have very apologetic about their employees action and have taken it upon themselves to investigate/make it right as an alternative to getting the police involved and going to court. I am still waiting to see how they intend to do that.
bgcntry72, sorry you had to read the entire pirate thread before you realized that it was the same post. I posted on both boards because :NAXJA: is XJ specific, TOR is not, and I thought my post would be of interest to people who drove other vehicles that are on Pirate. Pirate is also the board that TOR watches, which is why I asked the helpful people of :NAXJA: to post on there. Doing so would let TOR know that people are watching the situation, and yes, hopefully bring about a resolution sooner.
In end, I am a student, and while $400 is only 2 weeks pay, it is a whole lot when I only work 8-10 weeks out of the year. I got blatantly ripped off and I am just trying to get my money back in the most civil and pro-active way I can before resorting to going through the courts. Would you do any differently?

I appreciate the PMs and IMs of support. If you still feel like being helpful, please post on the pirate thread.

woody said:
3 words of advice:

SMALL CLAIMS COURT
ummm yeah sure. If it can be taken care of outside of the court I'd suggest to try for that. I have a judgement against a mechanic/his shop (DBA) for close to $2K that expired already (long story... it turns out I wasn't the only one that had a judgment against him... and well, he folded the business and split). The issue is taht if you're going against a private person in small claims court, they better own a home or you're going to have a hard time collecting. Now if you're going against a big shop that has money tied into things and it's hard for them to dissapear it's differnt. You just have to be able to prove that the shop is responsible, not an individual issuing fake stuff to pass himself as a rep of the shop (I read most of this story and it looks like it could be proved either way).... anyways if you can settle out of court even for a few $$ less... I'd say do it.

Back