• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax no-slip installation

.jpg

The seller says the 8.25 doesnt have those small "rings" between the splined outside piece and the smaller piece with the paddles everyone breaks. After reading this I asked him if the paddles are broken off but he said they are still there, I plan on buying all new springs for it regardless. If any of you can let me know if this is correct or not that would be great, I wana know how many pieces were part of your no slip.
Either he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's blowing smoke up yer keester. No paddles= no lockin' of Ye Olde Axle Shafts.

Curious if I'm getting the complete assembly from someone selling a used one to me, I have read the instructions and found a diagram online - http://jeepinoutfitters.com/images/powertrax_noslip.jpg

The seller says the 8.25 doesnt have those small "rings" between the splined outside piece and the smaller piece with the paddles everyone breaks. After reading this I asked him if the paddles are broken off but he said they are still there, I plan on buying all new springs for it regardless. If any of you can let me know if this is correct or not that would be great, I wana know how many pieces were part of your no slip.

yeah, I dont recall those rings on mine. Mine was assembled when I got it but all I recall it having the side gears, paddles, syncro ring, inner gears, springs, etc. no rings

Hooper let us know what you find out in your situation, this thread was a big help in my understanding the no slip thanks ROD KNEE.

must have my posts confused, mines been great since the day I put it in :shhh:

Either he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's blowing smoke up yer keester. No paddles= no lockin' of Ye Olde Axle Shafts.

He has the piece thats attached with paddles but in the link I posted there are 2 "rings" on each side of the cross pin, basically the two smallest pieces in the image on each side of the locker. Are those two rings (4 total according to the link I posted) part of the 8.25 no slip or is that just a generic no slip image?? Mayb I'm wording this wrong, how many different pieces should there be on each side of the cross pin?

yeah, I dont recall those rings on mine. Mine was assembled when I got it but all I recall it having the side gears, paddles, syncro ring, inner gears, springs, etc. no rings

must have my posts confused, mines been great since the day I put it in :shhh:

sorry hooper I mixed up your post with norsks post

Last edited:
The small rings you are referring to are part of the coupler/syncro ring assembly. They are not loose parts so to speak.

noslipexplodedview_large.jpg

I am trying to install the no slip as we speak do you know if the inner springs are supposed to be the same size mine are different sizes both in length an diameter

Does anyone Know if the inner springs are supposed to be the same size mine are different both in length and diameter also when doing the test the driver side breaks loose but the passenger side does not any suggestion

Back