• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post your pics of stock flex

hah disco your rear sway bar and that tire would be sitting flat.

2" BB Spacers and AAL

n1395120502_30239814_5207.jpg

289295666_981637727_0.jpeg

289296266_981639958_0.jpeg

Last edited:
Markos said:
Your jeep is done just right!

Thanks man. The tires are wearing out though, this pic was taken in may. Im going RE super flex, with full leafs and 31's.

oldmustangjunkie said:
srmitchell-Which RE lift did you use? Rear blocks or AAL?

Its the bb with a short aal.

I'd recomend the long one.

It rides great, but I want to go taller.

srmitchell said:
Thanks man. The tires are wearing out though, this pic was taken in may. Im going RE super flex, with full leafs and 31's.

The RE LCA's should help the front flex even more. The top of the factory LCA's end up hitting the axle tube when you are at full articulation. That is why the RE LCA's have an offset axle-side joint. It gives you some extra room for droop.
154_0607_04_s+jeep_grand_cherokee_zj_lift+stock_control_arms.jpg

Last edited:
Stock flex is really all you need. I went with a 2.5 and would like to get another stocker and put some nice wide rims and tires on her and call it a day.

stockflexwoot.jpg

100% stock. Sways and all still connected. Very first time I took er out... *Le sigh* memories... :viking:

Well, this thread made my mind up. I'm going with a full length AAL in the back and a set of spacers in the front. Where did you guys find the 2" spacers? All that I've seen was the 1.75, .5 and .75" spacers. Can I stack two of them together if I have to? Also, what else do I need to get? So far I have the following on my list: Rear:: AAL, spring pins, spring clips/Front: Spacers and disconnects. I plan on getting my AAL from RE, which claims that they lift your vehicle 2" but I hear they usually lift to around 2.5", so I need to find a set of spacers that match it. Where is the best/cheapest place to get this stuff. I'm not on shoestring budget here but I want the most I can get for my dollars so I can buy some other Jeep stuff like a locker, some skids, and a tranny cooler.

You can have a lot of fun in near stock configuration! Best bang for the buck right here: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

Another DIY on a shoestring site: http://go.jeep-xj.info/

Avoid trying to remove the spring-eye bolts, they will make you cry.

Post up in your local chapter for parts that people have taken off. Good opportunity to meet other XJers and learn new stuff. If you can't find Grand Cherokee V-8 springs, coils from a "Country" trim XJ are made from even thicker gauge wire.

I don't have any stock flex pics. The springs were too wallowy to disconnect the sway bars. :skull2:

I'm very happy with the Rock Lizzard recipe. I'm the stock looking Cherokee in the pictures, wearing 31x10.50 A/Ts

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=962158&highlight=Coney+Flats

On 30x9.50 tires: http://flickr.com/photos/28487081@N08/2775083502/in/set-72157606810508665/

On 235/75/15s:
IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to use spacers for the front. I bought a set of Up Country springs for my last Cherokee and they gave me the lift but made it ride a bit rougher. I'm happy with the way that it rides now but want a little more wheel travel. I would go do tghe JY AAL but I just don't have enough time now and I can get the AAL's for about $90 shipped. I had an RE AAL last time that got me to about 2.5" and it didn't seem to make the ride any worse. I guess what I'm wondering right now is if anyone makes a 2.5" front spacer and where I can get all of these parts the cheapest. Thanks for all your help so far.

thats like 100 more than the RE kit just to add u-bolts and shock boots

nobody i know sells a 2.5 spacer. most are 1.75 + stock .25 isolater. rear aal will sag out after a while to net 2". double the stock isolater in front if you need a little more front.

Well, not quite stock.. but this is with 3/4" spacers in front and QT HD leaves in the back. Swaybar disco's front and no bar in back. Stock shocks too.

IMG_00771.jpg

Here is my Stock Flex on 30x9.50x15

Picture011.jpg

Picture009.jpg

And here is my flex on just over 4" almost 4.5, 34x12.50x15, Stock control arms and leaf shackles

Picture063-1.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Last edited:
Back