• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post Moab Upgrades...a.k.a. I got a lot to do!

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
As a few of you that rolled out to Moab know, I had a very weird few days out there with my XJ. My problems began when I turned on to the 191.

I was the shorter lifted blue XJ with the engine torn apart down in front of Cabin 14 at Slickrock (MJR or Mike Rollins as some of you may know him, was the mastermind behind pulling the engine apart and putting it back together- turns out it was a collapsed lifter on the exhaust valve of cylinder #1). A million thanks again to Mike, Charles, Vince and others who stopped by to lend a hand or a beer (Andy and Michaelle). I am forever in you guy's debt.

Well as others of you that were there at the raffle know, the last prize was the newest TnT Customs 5.5" GTP supension solution for Cherokee's. My wife ended up winning that for me- which made up for all the weirdness of the lifter.

Turns out this is a complete kit containing:
- front and rear axle trusses
- Y-link front control arms
- front to rear skids
- frame stiffeners
- new rear triangulated 4-link with coils (replacing the leafs)
- rear sway bar that is integrated into the coil setup
- Bilstien 7100's at all 4 corners
- new pitman arm
- brake lines
probably a few other things that I am missing, but you get the point.

So on to the reason of the post:

There is a bit of welding required for some of this kit and I don't have a welding bone in my body. I was wondering if in a few weeks when the kit comes in, if maybe I could get some help with the welding and install of the new kit. Bob (designer and owner of TnT Customs would like me to document the install with pics and blurbs and he also would like is posted here on NAXJA.)

I am prepared to offer beer, food and cheap entertainment.

Would any of you guys (or girls) be able to help? I don't have any air tools, so maybe doing it at someone's shop who is set up for that kind of thing would be better?

Over the next few weeks I will be completing a series of upgrades to the XJ in preps for the new lift.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Coullt

where are you? and CONGRATS! thats one hell of a kit he put together!!!!!

you are one lucky SOB! or... your wife is haha. :cheers:

I could possibly help you out, I have a welder. My welding skills are still progressing. The offer is there if nothing else.

Paul

that is an awesome kit!

Wow didn't realize it was you who won the kit. Glad to here you guys got home safe. At least you didn't had to deal with the weather we had on Saturday.

I am glad you won that kit...it is a f'in sweet deal and definitely felt like kharma

Contact Hellbilly04 he could help you on the welding and install. (From what I hear his schedule is pretty open right now)

Dont tell me that I'm broke.

$1200 on GMAT classes, or $1200 on a cage... hmmm...

Cage. You can study for GMAT on your own.
Yes, but a higher GMAT score likely will result in more Jeep money further down the line.

Yes, but a higher GMAT score likely will result in more Jeep money further down the line.

I understand. I have taken classes like that in the past and found them to be waste of time/money. Then again, I don't know what GMAT, GRE and such exams look like these days. My experience goes back to 20 years ago. Things could be different these days.

Topic of talk for the next M&G :)

Back to the thread

where are you? and CONGRATS! thats one hell of a kit he put together!!!!!

you are one lucky SOB! or... your wife is haha. :cheers:

Thanks man- I was pretty stoked and am still amazed it all happened. I am looking forward to putting this kit on and hitting some harder more technical stuff.

Wow didn't realize it was you who won the kit. Glad to here you guys got home safe. At least you didn't had to deal with the weather we had on Saturday.

Thanks for the kind words- on the trip back I even averaged 21 mpg out of a tank. It definitely ran better with the new lifter. I drove through some ice/snow sludge storm stuff near cedar city. It was cool to see some snow on the ground.

you looked like you where going to cry when you guys won that :)

I would have too lol congrats

I was so tired after assisting Mike tear apart the engine that it definitely felt like a bit of karma and good graces fell on me and my wife. I was literally in shock when our number was called- I had to stop and ask Mike if it was for real.

I am glad you won that kit...it is a f'in sweet deal and definitely felt like kharma

Thanks Josh- On my walk up to accept the prize, all I could think about was all the stuff I am going to have to do to prep the XJ for that lift. I was planning on running 35's in a few years, but this works too.:guitar:

As a few of you that rolled out to Moab know, I had a very weird few days out there with my XJ. My problems began when I turned on to the 191.

I was the shorter lifted blue XJ with the engine torn apart down in front of Cabin 14 at Slickrock (MJR or Mike Rollins as some of you may know him, was the mastermind behind pulling the engine apart and putting it back together- turns out it was a collapsed lifter on the exhaust valve of cylinder #1). A million thanks again to Mike, Charles, Vince and others who stopped by to lend a hand or a beer (Andy and Michaelle). I am forever in you guy's debt.

Well as others of you that were there at the raffle know, the last prize was the newest TnT Customs 5.5" GTP supension solution for Cherokee's. My wife ended up winning that for me- which made up for all the weirdness of the lifter.

Turns out this is a complete kit containing:
- front and rear axle trusses
- Y-link front control arms
- front to rear skids
- frame stiffeners
- new rear triangulated 4-link with coils (replacing the leafs)
- rear sway bar that is integrated into the coil setup
- Bilstien 7100's at all 4 corners
- new pitman arm
- brake lines
probably a few other things that I am missing, but you get the point.

So on to the reason of the post:

There is a bit of welding required for some of this kit and I don't have a welding bone in my body. I was wondering if in a few weeks when the kit comes in, if maybe I could get some help with the welding and install of the new kit. Bob (designer and owner of TnT Customs would like me to document the install with pics and blurbs and he also would like is posted here on NAXJA.)

I am prepared to offer beer, food and cheap entertainment.

Would any of you guys (or girls) be able to help? I don't have any air tools, so maybe doing it at someone's shop who is set up for that kind of thing would be better?

Over the next few weeks I will be completing a series of upgrades to the XJ in preps for the new lift.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Coullt
I could not have picked a nicer couple to win that kit,glad you got your junk sorted out and enjoy that junk......SANTA

i was looking for something more specific, whales swim around! :doh:

How did I get into this conversation? :confused1

Shamu.
\/\/haleboy.
Gonif to the net.

Congrats again Colt. I just happened to be watching your wife's face when she gasped in recognition of the winning number. It was a precious moment and I'm only sorry that I didn't capture it with a camera.

Were in SD are you?

I have never welded to a unibody, but I weld all day at work so I am sure I could do something for ya, if nothing else I can grind and use a torch.

I have quite a bit of hand tools, which I have used to do an axle swap and lifted my zj completely by myself.

Just let me know when and where and if its SD I will make plans to help!

Congrats on winning the kit, sounds like you deserved it!!!

Back