• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic cubby for Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalpha

In my 1995, it did not come with anything mounted directly to the right of the gauge cluster. It only has the plastic cover that mimics the the light gauge to the left of the gauge cluster.

I recently removed the fake panel, and found a whole lot of unused space. I wouldn't mind having a plastic cubby that fits in that hole and screws into the stock mounting points.

Did that make any sense? If not, I can take pics.

Do you mean this panel? i put my light switches in it.. I have 2 more to install
switchesdone.jpg

Sounds like there is some demand for something to fill this space with something useful.

Maybe someone could make a universal mount, and have different inserts, depending on what you wanted there e.g. phone holder; cup holder; switch panel. But, you could change out the insert.

Or is that a ridiculous idea?

I think that there are enough backyard engineers out there doing it themselves for it not to be viable. I ended up putting winch controls there.

You would have to do a lot of work designing it, prototyping, and then manufacturing. People will not settle for backyard rigging when they contemplate spend 25-??? bucks on this they will balk at a rough product.

I'd say leave it be, take ideas from others, and make your own.

John

Edit:
There is a HVAC vent behind it that only gives you 2-3" of usable space.

The idea is for it to not be a "rough product".

I'd much rather have a plastic insert that fits in there nice and snug than nothing at all.

That's where I put my ARB switches:

dash.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back