• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of my cracked frame due to steering box brace

C-ROK said:
Hey Beez and Goatman - just buy it for the logo and weld it on top of your mounts :D

You've already got the functionality, now you just need the "look":cool:

Bill R.
I'm sorry I forgot to mention the fender support bracket. It is covered in our installation instructions but our instructions are currently so horribly wordy that it's easy to look right past it. Item #37 in the instruction does cover the fender support bracket.

Every Cherokee has that same bracket - problem was, it was all over the map when we were trying to make a hole for it. Even on TWO 1994s (yes, same model year), it was not in the same place. I was making the hole bigger and bigger and slotting it to try and accommodate all the various locations it showed up in that is was beginning to encroach on the lower steering box hole. I felt for as small of a hole as it is, it would be easy for the owner to drill their own 1/4 hole where 'their' bracket lined up.

Sorry it caused you some difficulty.

Oh, and the 'two person installation" thing is for safety sake.
Greg-
I wouldn't even call it a difficulty. It's one hole away from a simple bolt-in install, and the completed job is WELL worth the trouble.:)
I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
How was Moab?:party:

Moab rocked. Gas pedal in the rocks is just shy of sex (sorry - late Saturday night post here).party1:

I've got some pic's but they're all to big to post here right now. Need to figure out how to reduce the file size so I can post.:badpc:

It was fun to use L98 TPI like God and GM intended it to be used. Smokin' 38.5" Swampers on Slickrock makes me smile even days later. C-ROK (the original) was launched up a few obstacles. And Launched is indeed the right choice of words.

Broke a 9 inch F-150 heavy housing.... and broke it serious like. Split the weld 180 degrees where the tube meets the pumpkin webbing. Never heard of anyone doing that before.. at least never rock "crawling".

What about if you remove that brace? I have already removed the one that goes to the bottom of the fender because of the cut fenders. How many have just cut the crace off?

Problem is resolved... for now.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this problem. Sean, I got your message but one of the guys from NMVJC.org had already offered to weld it so I didn't call. Anyways, here is what it looked like after welding but before painting:
standard.jpg

hey c-rok

just a couple of questions for you, is the bracket for both sides? would my tomken bumper mount to them? and, where could one accuire these pieces? thanks.

The bottom brace that goes from the fender to the frame under the bumper bracket, is it needed?

Back