• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Partnership for Johnson Valley

Rick,

I think it might be easier to say that you are there to represent NAXJA as a whole - should this thing go somewhere, im sure that Natl. would be willing to kick out some, and in the discussions ive had with most of the other BOD members, that shouldnt be a problem - if a real need for cash should arrive...

Just a thought. :dunce:

XJ_ranger said:
Rick,

I think it might be easier to say that you are there to represent NAXJA as a whole - should this thing go somewhere, im sure that Natl. would be willing to kick out some, and in the discussions ive had with most of the other BOD members, that shouldnt be a problem - if a real need for cash should arrive...

Just a thought. :dunce:

It would be easier as well as sound better but the National BOD would need to agree to it.
Talk to them, see what they have to say.

Make it official, but until then I can only say that I am representing our chapter.

I could only see advantages to NAXJA (as a national organization) being represented at these meetings.

Jump This said:
It would be easier as well as sound better but the National BOD would need to agree to it.
Talk to them, see what they have to say.

Make it official, but until then I can only say that I am representing our chapter.

I could only see advantages to NAXJA (as a national organization) being represented at these meetings.

you cant order a pizza with 9 different sections to it! :doh:

Kejtar said:
This worries me. It looks to me like they're tooting their own horn as that's exactly what they did at that last meeting they called. The timeline thing had too much of them emphasising what they have done while noone else did anything.

I disagree, I think they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing, at least at this time. Currently, PFJV is the common denominator between FOGR, FOJV, D37, ORBA, etc... we need to get behind them while we find our way...

Paul

Kejtar said:
This worries me. It looks to me like they're tooting their own horn as that's exactly what they did at that last meeting they called. The timeline thing had too much of them emphasising what they have done while noone else did anything.

Hopefully everyone knows how difficult it will be to come out ahead with the Military. They always attempt to appease everyone right up to the end where they typically do exactly what they original planned. They don't need to negotiate with anyone or group. We need to unite all entity's, and work together if we are to stand any chance.

Don't make any of this about This organization or that organization. Power will be in our Numbers.

FordGuy said:
Hopefully everyone knows how difficult it will be to come out ahead with the Military. They always attempt to appease everyone right up to the end where they typically do exactly what they original planned. They don't need to negotiate with anyone or group. We need to unite all entity's, and work together if we are to stand any chance.

Don't make any of this about This organization or that organization. Power will be in our Numbers.
Here's the way I see it: they came out publicaly and said what they had done. They said what they will not do (they said that they will not give up any part of JV) but they seem to be coming up short on what they will do. If I am to believe that they are going to represent my best interest they need to throw me a bone and convince me or at least make an attempt at showing that.

When I asked them if they are doing anything else then reacting to military's moves their reply showed that they are acting in reactionary mode. USMC getting more land requires approval from DC. This battle needs to start playing out now not in the future. From what was said USMC seems to have about a five year headstart on us and PfJV wants to save us without direct involvement of others. An invite to a planning session got literally forced onto them by folks present. Anyways I am dissapointed that they have same agenda for a meeting in front of a group that had members attend this lagst one. I would have thought they would adjust and start moving towards a solution. Why? Cause that 60 minute power point slideshow they will show can be summarized to 15 minutes and solutions and action can be discussed in the remaining time.

Believe me: I want them to succeed cause they got the best shot with the USMC at this point but I am also worried as to how they are going about it.They need to unite folks behind them and if you saw them at that eeting you'd see they seemed (at least to me) more concerned wth saying how they got on the ball when noone else did instead of saying: we are here now lets move on and work together (ok they said it but didn't act it).

What should be noted here is that we have no other viable options to date but to support PFJV.
There is nobody else.
If we want more from them, we should (and have) asked for it, but we should also expect it from any other organization we decide to throw our weight behind. To date, that group doesn't exist.
Friends Of Johnson Valley is not there yet. I hope they get 'there' but right now......
:dunno:

Are best bet seems to be to spend our efforts getting FOJV going and organized while not taking away from the partnership program already established.

Jump This said:
What should be noted here is that we have no other viable options to date but to support PFJV.
There is nobody else.
If we want more from them, we should (and have) asked for it, but we should also expect it from any other organization we decide to throw our weight behind. To date, that group doesn't exist.
Friends Of Johnson Valley is not there yet. I hope they get 'there' but right now......
:dunno:

Are best bet seems to be to spend our efforts getting FOJV going and organized while not taking away from the partnership program already established.
I think we agree though are phrasing it differently. What I"m advocating for is not withholding support from PFJV but rather making sure we don't throw it blindly behind just cause they're at the place they're at.

Kejtar said:
I think we agree though are phrasing it differently. What I"m advocating for is not withholding support from PFJV but rather making sure we don't throw it blindly behind just cause they're at the place they're at.

True, I'd bet that FOJV will need money sooner.
I read a 19 page program about how we might best go about establishing Friends of Johnson Valley, one of those items included mass mailings as well as fliers.
Printing costs big bucks (quality printing that is) and it we should be getting to that point as soon as we can...

Kejtar said:
The above invitation is for the Friends of Giant Rock group. They are part of PFJV and had a seat at the two planning meetings in Barstow. I attended the second meeting as a representative for FOPV. I am sure their members asked for the same thing we did: what was the presentation you showed to the Marines. I would encourage those who can to attend the meeting.

I agree with Paul's answer above.

Rich

Jump This said:
Friends of Johnson Valley, one of those items included mass mailings as well as fliers.
Yup, that is one of the things I expected PFJV to come with during that last meeting. We need general public behind us. We can't only play with the USMC. We need folks that live in the area to lobby for us as well.

Kejtar said:
Yup, that is one of the things I expected PFJV to come with during that last meeting. We need general public behind us. We can't only play with the USMC. We need folks that live in the area to lobby for us as well.

Hello this is my first post on the web site. I have a question. Are you the gal from ORBA?

JerryCanJeep said:
Hello this is my first post on the web site. I have a question. Are you the gal from ORBA?
Remi is not a gal, no matter how much Slivovitz or giant beers he keeps giving you around the campfire :D

Back