• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out built 1992 XJ

korda said:
The only issue I see with that is the B hoop tapers in to land on top the frame rails at the bottom.

The rock rails are spoken for at the moment. If it falls through I'll let you know.
im a few hours north of you in the middle of LA and SF im very interested in getting a cage. just moved up from a 4.5" lift to a 7.5" lift and i think im gonna need a cage seeing i came soooo close from flopping it over previously. i have rock rails and f and r bumpers, i wanted to tie them in somehow and possibl;y use less tubing..

i would be interested in the rear and a front bumper to replace the stock stuff any pics PM me if you have them.

\\'anderer said:
rofl the first pic is funny, where did you get the bumper with a leaf blower attachment.:spin1:

any news on the header?
I'll be sending it back to them tomorrow for them to look at. Sounds like they'll warranty but they don't make that particular one anymore because they had problems with it. (Obviously) It's a $110 up-charge for the ceramic model. I'll let you know how it pans out.

I've returned all other PMs. Sorry about the delay, the holidays are keeping me occupied. I won't be back to normal until after New Years.

korda said:
Pictures. I’ll add any people request and more as I disassemble it:
http://www.twincityoffroad.com/gallery/partingoutXJ

Completely parting out my rig. I’m keeping a bunch of the drivetrain and misc. parts. I need get rid of as much as possible though so ask about anything. Vehicle came from NY/MN so everything has at least surface rust on it. I’ll include any mounting hardware that survives removal. If someone wants the majority of the body I’ll make them a good deal.

The easiest way to contact me is via email. Everything is at my house in San Diego, near I-8 and 70th Street.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
Everything has 125,000 miles on it. Engine and trans run well. Body is “Colorado Red” and interior is gray. The body is beat up but everything works and the glass is there. The floor on the body is pretty rotted out. It’s got power windows/ locks/ seats.

Parts of interest:

Front Suspension
  • Home built radius arms. 2”-1/4” wall lowers. RE joint at frame, stock rubber at axle. RE upper control arms. 1-1/4” threaded rod adjustment. Crossmember is 2”x4”-3/16. Bolts to frame rails through side with 3”x3”-1/4” angle. Center section drops out.
    $300
  • RE HD Track Bar Mount
    $50
  • RE Track bar brace with tab for limit strap
    $40
  • Track bar: 1-1/4” OD 3/16” tube. Small RE joint at top, rubber at axle. Fixed length for about 6” lift.
    $50

Rear Suspension
  • 6” Big Offroad Leaves. Poly bushings. About 2 years old. Nicest springs I’ve used. They’re in great shape.
    $250
  • RE 1-1/2” Lift shackle
    $50

Body
  • Hood is the only non-dented/non-scratched panel. Has LeBaron vents in it.
    Make offer
  • Sunroof glass (I’ve got two, they’re hard to find)
    $50
  • TJ Flares w/ lights. Cut to fit an XJ.
    $50

Protection
  • Cage: 1-3/4”x .188 HREW. Welded in but I’ll work with someone to remove it the way they want. Bolted at A and C pillars but welded to floor at B pillar. You’re on your own for adding more bracing. I was mainly looking to stiffen things up a bit.
    $200
  • Rear Bumper: 6”x4”-3/16” Tube. Mounts to stock spot plus framerails. Has 4” flush mounted lights. I’ll include wiring to good them up to rev. lights. Has 2” receiver in it.
    $150
  • Rock rails: 2”x3”-3/16” main rails. 2”x2”-3/16” supports. Mount to pinch seem and frame.
    $150
  • Warn transfer case skid. Trimmed to fit my atlas on one corner. I’m sure it’s bent at least a little.
    $40
  • Farmboy designs rear light boxes. Drilled to fit ORO LightDots but that’s just 3 small holes. It would be easy to drill out for larger flush lights.
    $40
  • Quarter panel guards: 1/8” aluminum diamond plate. Cut to fit with my TJ flares.
    $30

Other
  • Doug Thorely Header
    $200
  • Jeeps & Creepers Bored Throttle Body
    $150
  • Throttle Body Spacer
    $25
  • Late model Auxiliary Fan
    $50
  • M.O.R.E. Rubber Motor Mounts (almost new)
    $100
  • Mean Green Battery relocation kit (never mounted)
    $125
  • XJ Armor Aux. Fan control switch
    $20
  • Custom Storage Box
    $75

I tried joining up and paying the dues but the electronic form seems to be a little goofed up. The pull downs don't have any options.
i want your cage

I'm interested in the plastic bezel that goes around the passenger side headlight. Mine is in pieces. ;)

hey josh yout still have that exaust?

was that a mandrel bent downpipe on there>?

i cant stop thinkin performance since i got that tb and spacer! it worked really well with an intake kit. woke my motor up alot.

cal said:
I'm interested in the plastic bezel that goes around the passenger side headlight. Mine is in pieces. ;)

ill trade you one if you can get that washing machine off karstic for me!

karstic has a washing machine for you?

No problem. I have to come down that way sometime in January to take a dana 30 to rick, I can throw the washing machine in my trailer and drag it too.

Just make sure he knows to hold on to it for me to grab and all.

cal said:
karstic has a washing machine for you?

No problem. I have to come down that way sometime in January to take a dana 30 to rick, I can throw the washing machine in my trailer and drag it too.

Just make sure he knows to hold on to it for me to grab and all.

well ill be down there this weekend, porblem is he wont be.

i could pick it up from your place?

buy you lunch mabey?

I'll be out of town this weekend (SF for new years, leaving friday am). karstic's place is only about two blocks from mine though, if your near me your near him?

cal said:
I'll be out of town this weekend (SF for new years, leaving friday am). karstic's place is only about two blocks from mine though, if your near me your near him?

i was planning on going over there on the 30th but hes out of town ill be in yorba linda which is near fullerton then but hes out of town too......

oh well ill figure something out, ill try robertk now.

How sure are you that you'll be coming up? I can meet up with him tonight, and leave the washer in my trailer in my driveway, but if I do that you gotta commit to picking it up before my neighbors harp on me about it. :)

Otherwise I can probably come down next weekend with it.

-C

cal said:
So were both mine. :viking:

Ben, I've still got the exhaust. The head pipe wasn't mandrel bent, it was a NAPA replacement. It was still better than the stock piece though.

smitty, I'll work on getting it out. I'll post up or PM when I do. I think the plan is to remove the doors and hack apart the body enough to pull it out whole.

do you still have the cage? i would be interested in picking it up.

Back