• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out built 1992 XJ

korda said:
Make an offer. You want it and accessories?

Like I posted before, the only issue is the broken rear manifold stud in the head.

Well um sence im poor how about 300 with accessories thats all i got im in the process of saving up for a new motor and thats what i have saved up.

Lance.

ifoundastick said:
Well um sence im poor how about 300 with accessories thats all i got im in the process of saving up for a new motor and thats what i have saved up.

Lance.
I'll take it. Can you give me a little time to pull it? I'll give you everything but the header and throttle body. The alternator on it is only a year old. Everything ran great until I started taking parts of it.

The body is still intact and tranny/transfer case are still in it. I can get those out this weekend. I'm going to need to get a engine hoist unless you've got one you can bring with you.

I GOT DIBS ON THE DP QUATER PANELS! PM'D YA:)!

korda said:
I'll take it. Can you give me a little time to pull it? I'll give you everything but the header and throttle body. The alternator on it is only a year old. Everything ran great until I started taking parts of it.

The body is still intact and tranny/transfer case are still in it. I can get those out this weekend. I'm going to need to get a engine hoist unless you've got one you can bring with you.

Quick question Im assuming this HO motor ?

Ill pick up the parts tomorrow if that's cool with you. I left a voice mail. Hopefully we can work out an easy meeting spot. Ill call russ and see if he can get you the $$$ for the tailight boxes and we can simplify shipping.

I plan on attending the christmas party on December 17th if that helps with people's decisions to buy stuff. I can bring whatever parts people want delivered there with me.

Also for sale:

Dynomac cat back exhaust with a Catco high flow cat. Some rust on the tail pipe but it's pretty solid. I've also got the downpipe that's relatively new from NAPA.
$75.

I cleaned up the long arms and crossmember and sprayed some primer on them. One of the lowers has a bolt froze in the RE joint and so does one of the uppers. A press should get them out but worst case is buying a new joint and swapping the ball, it's pretty easy. A new joint is like $35.

Full album: http://www.twincityoffroad.com/gallery/kordalongarms

crossmember3.jpg

longsarms4.jpg

I've also got a condensor that is 1 year old. I installed it but never charged the AC system. It's in excellent condition.
$50

condensor.jpg

The radiator is also 1 year old (I did them at the same time). It's got one spot with some flattened fins but they should straighten out no problem.
$50

radiator1.jpg

radiator2.jpg

All this stuff is best offer. I want it gone.

korda said:
Pictures. I’ll add any people request and more as I disassemble it:
http://www.twincityoffroad.com/gallery/partingoutXJ

Completely parting out my rig. I’m keeping a bunch of the drivetrain and misc. parts. I need get rid of as much as possible though so ask about anything. Vehicle came from NY/MN so everything has at least surface rust on it. I’ll include any mounting hardware that survives removal. If someone wants the majority of the body I’ll make them a good deal.

The easiest way to contact me is via email. Everything is at my house in San Diego, near I-8 and 70th Street.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
Everything has 125,000 miles on it. Engine and trans run well. Body is “Colorado Red” and interior is gray. The body is beat up but everything works and the glass is there. The floor on the body is pretty rotted out. It’s got power windows/ locks/ seats.

Parts of interest:

Front Suspension
  • Home built radius arms. 2”-1/4” wall lowers. RE joint at frame, stock rubber at axle. RE upper control arms. 1-1/4” threaded rod adjustment. Crossmember is 2”x4”-3/16. Bolts to frame rails through side with 3”x3”-1/4” angle. Center section drops out.
    $300
  • RE HD Track Bar Mount
    $50
  • RE Track bar brace with tab for limit strap
    $40
  • Track bar: 1-1/4” OD 3/16” tube. Small RE joint at top, rubber at axle. Fixed length for about 6” lift.
    $50

Rear Suspension
  • 6” Big Offroad Leaves. Poly bushings. About 2 years old. Nicest springs I’ve used. They’re in great shape.
    $250
  • RE 1-1/2” Lift shackle
    $50

Body
  • Hood is the only non-dented/non-scratched panel. Has LeBaron vents in it.
    Make offer
  • Sunroof glass (I’ve got two, they’re hard to find)
    $50
  • TJ Flares w/ lights. Cut to fit an XJ.
    $50

Protection
  • Cage: 1-3/4”x .188 HREW. Welded in but I’ll work with someone to remove it the way they want. Bolted at A and C pillars but welded to floor at B pillar. You’re on your own for adding more bracing. I was mainly looking to stiffen things up a bit.
    $200
  • Rear Bumper: 6”x4”-3/16” Tube. Mounts to stock spot plus framerails. Has 4” flush mounted lights. I’ll include wiring to good them up to rev. lights. Has 2” receiver in it.
    $150
  • Rock rails: 2”x3”-3/16” main rails. 2”x2”-3/16” supports. Mount to pinch seem and frame.
    $150
  • Warn transfer case skid. Trimmed to fit my atlas on one corner. I’m sure it’s bent at least a little.
    $40
  • Farmboy designs rear light boxes. Drilled to fit ORO LightDots but that’s just 3 small holes. It would be easy to drill out for larger flush lights.
    $40
  • Quarter panel guards: 1/8” aluminum diamond plate. Cut to fit with my TJ flares.
    $30

Other
  • Doug Thorely Header
    $200
  • Jeeps & Creepers Bored Throttle Body
    $150
  • Throttle Body Spacer
    $25
  • Late model Auxiliary Fan
    $50
  • M.O.R.E. Rubber Motor Mounts (almost new)
    $100
  • Mean Green Battery relocation kit (never mounted)
    $125
  • XJ Armor Aux. Fan control switch
    $20
  • Custom Storage Box
    $75

I tried joining up and paying the dues but the electronic form seems to be a little goofed up. The pull downs don't have any options.
how about the cage, is it out yet?

Smittty9785 said:
how about the cage, is it out yet?
Nope, I haven't really got to the interior yet.

I'd rather have whomever wants to buy it dictate how it comes out. I don't just want to cut it out and make it useless.

If nobody wants it before I get to it then I'll probably cut up the jeep around it and let someone take it whole and they can deal with seperating it and putting it in. Once it's out it wouldn't be a huge to deal to grind out the welds.

korda said:
Nope, I haven't really got to the interior yet.

I'd rather have whomever wants to buy it dictate how it comes out. I don't just want to cut it out and make it useless.

If nobody wants it before I get to it then I'll probably cut up the jeep around it and let someone take it whole and they can deal with seperating it and putting it in. Once it's out it wouldn't be a huge to deal to grind out the welds.
do you think it can be cut out and then extended in the middle and some parts to make it a exo cage?

I may contact you after the holidays.... interested in the rear bumper

Smittty9785 said:
do you think it can be cut out and then extended in the middle and some parts to make it a exo cage?
The only issue I see with that is the B hoop tapers in to land on top the frame rails at the bottom.

The rock rails are spoken for at the moment. If it falls through I'll let you know.

Back