• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overland Expo East

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
The Overland Expo East is being held in Fletcher NC October 3-5. Anyone up for checking it out? Its $25 for Saturday for a single ticket, $40 for family. Sunday is $10/15 for only 2 hours less. There are more expensive options including a weekend pass, camping, and the "overland experience". I would be up for a day pass to walk around and drool at stuff I can't afford, I may camp elsewhere the night before to get a full day of oohs and aahs in.

I looked at going for the whole deal - it was like $280 for the entire weekend...but I'm going to put it off until 2015.

The $280 includes classes and a driving course. Considering the driving course is sponsored by Land Rover, I doubt it would test any of our skills. The one class I would be interested in is recovery techniques. I can't see spending that kind of dough for the weekend though. I'm happy to pay the day pass to look at vendors and watch a film or two.

I'm not going because they won't let me drive my Jeep on the "driving course". :(

Actually you can drive your own vehicle on the course as many times as you want.

:D

I'm not going because they won't let me drive my Jeep on the "driving course". :(

Actually you can drive your own vehicle on the course as many times as you want.

:D

Right as rain Flex....you only are limited to the Land Rover vehicles if you are on a day pass.

I wonder if our friend form URE is the instructor.......

I wonder if our friend form URE is the instructor.......

Strong possibility considering I saw something with overland is happening at UORTC at another date. Not trying to discredit them but giving big kudos to our SEC drivers... I've seen all of y'all conquer trails and obstacles much more difficult than they could offer.

Strong possibility considering I saw something with overland is happening at UORTC at another date. Not trying to discredit them but giving big kudos to our SEC drivers... I've seen all of y'all conquer trails and obstacles much more difficult than they could offer.

True that. I still want to check out "his training property" at some point.

True that. I still want to check out "his training property" at some point.

His program has good merit though. There are a lot of newer 4x4 vehicle owners who can learn good skills from a course. They don't have the community like we do. NAXJA has so much collective experience and knowledge we get top tier learning on the trails as well as in the driveway. Before Naxja all I knew about was hitting puddles.

I will be staying in Raleigh for a huge bluegrass festival that weekend.

Reconsidering this trip. Anyone interested in joining?

Back