• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outline of Agenda?

Is the south ready for a MWC invasion thats the question! :D

FYI I wheeled with a few Midwest guys on several Crawls. ForeWheeler, OneTon, BrianHo, and Pat just to name a few. WE are ready. The thing you guys have to remember is we are much more laid back then you guys are. :wave:

I'm just on a fact finding mission, that's all.
Trying to get it all together to plead my case with Wyfie.:D

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. I wouldn't be wanting to go if I didn't think we'd have a good time!

What does she need to be convinced? Stuff to do while you wheel? or the fact that they are calling Harlan the Moab of the east coast. Well that is what I read somewhere. :dunno: I can promise you this: you can get within walking distance of just about any trail you want to see with a relatively small rig.

What does she need to be convinced? Stuff to do while you wheel? or the fact that they are calling Harlan the Moab of the east coast. Well that is what I read somewhere. :dunno: I can promise you this: you can get within walking distance of just about any trail you want to see with a relatively small rig.

I think it's pretty much settled that she's not attending. Now, it's just a wait and see game for me. Still a possibility for me but, like I said,.........it's a wait and see game now.

In '07 there were at least 30 or so rigs at the campground in Tellico. I've got pictures somewhere.

My biggest concern (and it still is) is that there wasn't a trail schedule. People were just getting up, eating eggs and tagging along with whatever group was leaving. That's how me and Nate ended up on lower 2 with no lockers. Of course, it wasn't an issue for us :D

I would strongly encourage some sort of tech inspection and trail schedule. I know it's been done at the campground at breakfast in the past, but I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at how many people you're going to have this year.

I think there's enough folks that have been to harlan to get a feel for what trails you'd like to advertise. There's also a lot of members who've committed to coming, so if having 3 people plan your event is a limitation, maybe we can expand the group.

Its kinda iffy if I'll go now. Getting my grill fixed is gonna set me back 2 grand or so! We'll see when june comes around.

I'm workin' on it brother!

You don't get what I am saying Type out the following exaclty then hit submit repy:

I will be there.

After that just make it happen.

I agree with Josh. My group will be leaving the camping area at 9:30 am on Friday and Saturday.

My group will require 33's and locked front and rear, if you want to try the obstacles/trails I will be leading ( I might be able to be talked into 31's but the driver will have to really want to go).

You don't get what I am saying Type out the following exaclty then hit submit repy:

I will be there.

I agree with Josh. My group will be leaving the camping area at 9:30 am on Friday and Saturday.

My group will require 33's and locked front and rear, if you want to try the obstacles/trails I will be leading ( I might be able to be talked into 31's but the driver will have to really want to go).

I'm going with brian wherever he goes. Probably not going to make it, but why own a trailer if you don't need it?

Any specifics on what you will hit on Friday and what on Saturday?

I will be there.

No, I knew exactly what you meant..........I just can't commit yet, I wish I could. Other stuff happening at home.

How many do you want in your group? Looks like there will be several riding the EXTREME trails. Might have to split the group into two. :dunno:

In '07 there were at least 30 or so rigs at the campground in Tellico. I've got pictures somewhere.

My biggest concern (and it still is) is that there wasn't a trail schedule. People were just getting up, eating eggs and tagging along with whatever group was leaving. That's how me and Nate ended up on lower 2 with no lockers. Of course, it wasn't an issue for us :D

I would strongly encourage some sort of tech inspection and trail schedule. I know it's been done at the campground at breakfast in the past, but I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at how many people you're going to have this year.

I think there's enough folks that have been to harlan to get a feel for what trails you'd like to advertise. There's also a lot of members who've committed to coming, so if having 3 people plan your event is a limitation, maybe we can expand the group.

Josh,

You have brought up excellent points that make for a great event.

We are working out trail routes and difficulty levels as week speak. We are also working on securing trail leaders and gunners.

Tech inspections are a must this year and Ghost is heading up that team. What he says will go. Rigs will be classified as to what levels they can be on.

Departure times will be important this year for us due to the number of attendees. In the past it went much like you said at Tellico. We will have departure times/locations listed for the rides. If you aren't ready to go, sorry.

Drivers meeting will take place also so everyone knows what is going on for the day.

We welcome any assistance we can get from people who are familiar with the Harlan trail system. Ghost knows it better than anyone in the BOD. I figure this ride could easily reach 40 rigs and we need it to run smoothly. Please contact me via PM if we wish to help/volunteer with the planning of this event.

We are really looking forward to a fun event!

Last edited:
Mark me down for the easy trails! Can't afford to break the Jeep 5 hours from home! Unless we have a crane so we can strap it to the top of brians bus! :D

Back