• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outdoor grilling

I have an opinion I'd like to share:
Primo Grills, Atlanta GA, lump charcoal. Buddy of mine dropped the cash for one, it's excellent. It is a ceramic grill (life time warranty or 25 years, or something). IT's pretty tough to beat. Unless you add grass feed beef into the equation...(my opinion).

Haleyes said:
:rolleyes:
My last cheapie was a Charbroil.

Hale

This Char-broil isn't cheap, but not as expensive as that Jenn-Aire unit! My previous cheap grills were also Char-broil, but the one I have was about $400 last year. Has cast iron/porcelain coated grill surface. I'll keep using it when I get the kitchen thing done though. But those installed NG units are not cheap...

neonrog said:
This Char-broil isn't cheap, but not as expensive as that Jenn-Aire unit! My previous cheap grills were also Char-broil, but the one I have was about $400 last year. Has cast iron/porcelain coated grill surface. I'll keep using it when I get the kitchen thing done though. But those installed NG units are not cheap...

My Charbroil was a BigEasy.

My Weber was $480 out the door.

I use a close to 35 year old Webber dome for charcoal (parents got it when they got married, still used the original grate until last year)

And I have Tragger smoker/grill that uses compressed wood pellets for long smoking like brisket and pork shoulder, you can also do normal stuff on it too. Its the best of the both worlds, its the ease of a gasser, and flavor of a charcoal/wood grill. It has an electric hot coil to ignite the pellets, and an auger to feed the pellets. Also has digital temp control from smoke up to 500
I love my Webber, but this thing is great:cheers:

I used to work at an outdoor living center that sold webers, ducane, and charbroil, charbroirl was by far the least expecsive of the ground, but just like rusty's off road, or rubicon express cheap is all depending on what you plan on doing w/ it. We have a weber gold B all stainless 3 burner crazy BTU's to heat it up in an instant. no other way to go. Although if you dont want the flavor a gas grill gives....just get a metal pan to throw some misqueete or jack daniels cooking chips... works wonders. Weber was the #1 seller when i worked there. The procelain webers were a little cheaper than the SS grills mainly b/c over time the porcelian paint would chip and peal....leading to rust...something us jeepers are also used to LOL. Just my .02

WilderXJ said:
I use a close to 35 year old Webber dome for charcoal (parents got it when they got married, still used the original grate until last year)

And I have Tragger smoker/grill that uses compressed wood pellets for long smoking like brisket and pork shoulder, you can also do normal stuff on it too. Its the best of the both worlds, its the ease of a gasser, and flavor of a charcoal/wood grill. It has an electric hot coil to ignite the pellets, and an auger to feed the pellets. Also has digital temp control from smoke up to 500
I love my Webber, but this thing is great:cheers:

Those Tragger's are very nice. My neighbor has one, his is very old but it still works great.

8Mud said:
I tried a propane grill, everything I cooked picked up the smell of whatever they add to that stuff to make it stink. Maybe somebody sells NG or Propane without the scent added.
I use charcoal and a couple of old Weber kettle grills. Even use natural wood, Beech wood actually adds to the flavor. I grow Sage, Oregano and other spices in the garden, toss some into the fire, and slap the lid on, just before the meat is finished.
I modified my Webers some so I can raise the grill grate up higher.

I've never had that problem with propane. Is there something funny about German propane, perhaps?

Haleyes said:
Those Tragger's are very nice. My neighbor has one, his is very old but it still works great.

Got mine a year ago New Years eve for my b-day, i hope it last as long my old hand me down Webber has

Back