• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outdoor grilling

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
We grill out alot. Probably 4 nights a week at least. We finally got tired of spending $150 every 2 years(if that) for a cheapo grill. We broke down and bought a Weber. I love it. We got the 3 burner Spirit310, all stainless inside and out. Anyone else have a Weber grill love affair or am I alone?:D

Hale

My buddy's parents just got a Jenn-Air Four Burner. Sucker has a built in ice chest. Nothin' like a cold one while you're girllin'

044376278960.jpg

Charcoal all the way! Gas is for inside...

Propane. It's too much trouble to use charcoal when we use it so much.
I've got a Brinkman charcoal smoker that i use too. The Brinkman can be used as grill as well.

91 Jeep Project said:

If and when we ever build a house, I plan on going NG. It'd be a real PIA to do it with our current set up, unless we used the neighbors gas line.:D

Hale

I'm considering NG someday. Last year when we moved in this house, my bride bought me a new Charbroil 4 burner with stainless top. We've spent many an evening using this grill, even through our first Utah winter, more than any other I've ever owned. I can never go back to the cheapies now.

Before moving here, I was beginning to plan an outdoor kitchen. And have decided to continue with a refreshed setup here. After I get a welder in the next few weeks, I'll build a framework out of 1x1 square steel tubing and go from there. I've got a kitchen sink to use (was in the house before I changed it...), and it will be on wheels. I hope to fit in a small fridge too! It should also include a bar on the opposite face and under counter lighting and a stereo....

neonrog said:
I'm considering NG someday. Last year when we moved in this house, my bride bought me a new Charbroil 4 burner with stainless top. We've spent many an evening using this grill, even through our first Utah winter, more than any other I've ever owned. I can never go back to the cheapies now.

:rolleyes:
My last cheapie was a Charbroil.

Hale

91 Jeep Project said:
My buddy's parents just got a Jenn-Air Four Burner. Sucker has a built in ice chest. Nothin' like a cold one while you're girllin'

044376278960.jpg

That's no grill.

That's a kitchen set!

For Guys!!! Boo-rah!!!

I tried a propane grill, everything I cooked picked up the smell of whatever they add to that stuff to make it stink. Maybe somebody sells NG or Propane without the scent added.
I use charcoal and a couple of old Weber kettle grills. Even use natural wood, Beech wood actually adds to the flavor. I grow Sage, Oregano and other spices in the garden, toss some into the fire, and slap the lid on, just before the meat is finished.
I modified my Webers some so I can raise the grill grate up higher.

Got a Weber for the charcoal, not that pressed into brickets crap, but the real hardwood stuff.
For NG I have a TEC infrared unit....buy FAR the best grill I have ever used.

Before I started seeing the Midwest for a living we would cook outside every night, winter and summer, now it is a weekend thing.

Rev

Have a Weber charcoal and a propane of some brand I can't remember right now.

Will go natural gas if/when I get around to building the deck I want on back of the house.

We probably grill 3-4 times a week also.

I have a Cheapo Charbroil as I live in fear of a Weber growing feet. With an open backyard that is exposed there are too many passerby/s. Anyone in my situation ever have one stolen or am I overfearful of this happening?

We tossed the kenmore and bought a weber a month ago.

Did you get the cheapy grates or the cast iron porcelain ones?

I bought the smaller spirit, but spent the 50 bucks on the nice grates.

RedHeep said:
We tossed the kenmore and bought a weber a month ago.

Did you get the cheapy grates or the cast iron porcelain ones?

I bought the smaller spirit, but spent the 50 bucks on the nice grates.

My Weber is all stainless. Flavorizer bars, grate, burner, lid....all stainless.
I thought the cheapy ones were the porcelain ones. What are you calling the cheapy ones?

Hale

Back