• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

online ammo stores?

goodburbon said:
I've got a stainless model 96 and it has operated flawlessly for well over 1000 rounds. I love he operation of the safety/decocker and I've never accidentally double tapped it, which is more than I can say for the .40 USP. looks like I finally disagree with you on something 5-90.

That's because it's a CRES frame. It's the aluminum ones I don't like - I'd trust the Glock polymer frame before I ever trust a Beretta aluminum frame again...

5-90

5-90 said:
Go to your local Barnes & Noble, and grab a copy of Shotgun News - it's worth reading anyhow, will list gun shows in your area, and also has a boatload of adverts in it that you won't find in G&A or most other gun rags.

We have gun shows in Southern California? Oh, wait, you mean the Klingon Sword Expositions ;)

But definitely a second on Shotgun News. Most of the places I've found with good bulk prices either have really lousy online presences or none at all. Never hurts to pick up the magazine and call a few.

You can also try Graf & Sons for the .45 GAP ammo. You should be able to pick up 12 guage ammo cheap locally. Just shop around.

Do you shoot your pistol often? Depending on how much you shoot, you may consider reloading.

Hey 5-90

I just bought one of the new Springfield XD's in .45ACP. It double stacks 13 rounds +1. It's worth a look if you're wanting something in .45ACP that won't break the bank. I love my 1911 (also a Springfield), but this will give it a run for the money. It's my first polymer gun. It is sweet!

Remi there is a gunshow in Glendale next weekend (5/20-21) and one at the OC fairgrounds (6/3-4). Miwall Wholesale ammo will be at both shows. They have good prices on ammo. Another plus of going to the show is that you can get a membership to the NRA and get in the show for free.

karstic said:
Remi there is a gunshow in Glendale next weekend (5/20-21) and one at the OC fairgrounds (6/3-4). Miwall Wholesale ammo will be at both shows. They have good prices on ammo. Another plus of going to the show is that you can get a membership to the NRA and get in the show for free.
I think I will go to the OC one and definately invest into the NRA membership (I was going to do that anyways). So should I wait to get my NRA membership there or get it ahead of time? or does it make any difference?

Kejtar said:
I think I will go to the OC one and definately invest into the NRA membership (I was going to do that anyways). So should I wait to get my NRA membership there or get it ahead of time? or does it make any difference?

It doesn't make any difference if you do it there or not, but usually they'll enter you into whatever drawing they're holding for free if you do it at the booth; tickets for these things typically run $5-$10. Friend of mine won his Ruger Mk. II that way, so it definitely doesn't hurt.

Kejtar said:

The NRA booth is right by the front gate. If you sign up for a 1-year membership, they give you a free ticket to the show, so you save $10 for not having to buy a ticket to the show.

Nothing against Springfield at all - but I've a Colt M1991A1 Stainless that I just love. I've got it tuned to within an inch of its life (I can rapid-fire eight rounds as fast as I can twitch my finger, and it just vibrates a little...) and it's "combat accurate" (all rounds within a paper plate at twenty yards.) I'll keep it. Besides, I'm a big guy, and the .45 hides neatly just about anywhere.

Mostly, I've done a good deal of "final polishing" to the chamber, throat, and feedramp, put in a full-length tungsten guide rod, 18# recoil spring, cleaned and polished the hammer and scear hooks, and put in a heavyweight mainspring. Damn trigger breaks like glass at 2-1/4 pounds - a true "surprise" break.

I'm not going to argue, but thanks for the tip! If I get another .45, I'll probably build it from an "unfinished frame" that I can get my paws on (and it will probably be a Commander, rather than a full-size...)

5-90

dphillips said:
Hey 5-90

I just bought one of the new Springfield XD's in .45ACP. It double stacks 13 rounds +1. It's worth a look if you're wanting something in .45ACP that won't break the bank. I love my 1911 (also a Springfield), but this will give it a run for the money. It's my first polymer gun. It is sweet!

As far as online the ONLY place I will buy is from Cabellas. great outdoors store. Alot like like Bass Pro Shop but better. You can buy bulk from them for real close to the same as gunshow price but they do the driving.

A

Get into reloading, it cost a little bit initially, but it will pay itself off soon enough and you get top notch stuff. For example I make bullets for my 300 win mag that if I were to buy from a dealer would cost $40 a box, I make them for $13 a box.

The best tool Ive bought so far, an auto measuring digital scale. It takes about 1/3 the time to make the same amount of ammo.

Back