• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? on TSL Radials

Bruno™;244075429 said:
Scotts rig seems to vibe alot more since he had beads put in. Too much maybe?

-Lyle

If I remember correctly when we did Scott's tires he didn't have enough beads to put in enough weight in each tire and so we had to make a compromise to get it going as good as possible to get him home.

I don't think there is any such thing as TOO much weight in a tire. It would be better to error on the side of too much weight than not enough weight.
Keep in mind that active weight doesn't start working till the tires are moving consistently (usually about 25mph) but weight is not important before then.
In Scott's case he probably needs to add a few oz's to each tire and see if it improves.

Michael

Last edited:
I put almost a whole party cup worth of beeds in each of my 33's. How much did you use Lyle?

-Alex

I didnt use any, my wheels have clip weights on the inside of the rim. Scott used beads to balance his 31s on Michaels old wheels. Not sure how much was used, but his Jeep vibes alot more with his new wheel set-up. Im not positive, nor is he, if that is the problem, but it seems to have started once he got the new wheels mounted.

-Lyle

P.S. Nice measuring device, because actual measuring cups are overrated :D.

Bruno™;244075713 said:
I didnt use any, my wheels have clip weights on the inside of the rim. Scott used beads to balance his 31s on Michaels old wheels. Not sure how much was used, but his Jeep vibes alot more with his new wheel set-up. Im not positive, nor is he, if that is the problem, but it seems to have started once he got the new wheels mounted.

-Lyle

P.S. Nice measuring device, because actual measuring cups are overrated :D.

They are, and thats all we had when we did them. :D Oh and how was getting up at 5am?

-Alex

Oh it was great. Got up at 5, drove to school on my cold leather seats, got inside, jumped in the pool and treaded water for a half hour. Great fun. Now Im "writing" that college essay :D.

-Lyle

Oh it was great. Got up at 5, drove to school on my cold leather seats, got inside, jumped in the pool and treaded water for a half hour. Great fun. Now Im "writing" that college essay :D.

-Lyle

Oh fun, remember to talk about how growing up as a middle class white kid you were still able to overcome adversity. Oh and leather sucks, time for bucket seats.:clap:

-Alex

Back