• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? on TSL Radials

These ride way better than the tires I had. Also the les gave me 90 day of free balance. I will use all of it to

I've seen why :explosion

Sounds a little weird to do that for balancing? hmmm any reviews or pictures of the "aftermath" supsa?

I think it was a walker run that I saw the last pics but I think Alex knows first hand. I've seen alot of airsoft pellets on trails and a few differant pics. I wouldn't go that way.

Oh now I got what your saying. Yeah when you lose a bead on a trail sometimes you lose alot of your bb's. But I have also ripped off steel weights but some people never have problems with them.

-Alex

Weights are going to be lost but bb's suck to loose on the trail

Oh now I got what your saying. Yeah when you lose a bead on a trail sometimes you lose alot of your bb's. But I have also ripped off steel weights but some people never have problems with them.

-Alex

I have to agree with alex on this, when you lose a beed it would be much easier to just put more beeds in the tire than repostion or reattach weights.

You cant DD that

Try that with swampers. Talk about DW

I know that nobody asked for my opinion, but I am going to give it anyway :rof: I feel I have some expertise in this area considering I don't know of many people who have lost as many beads on the trail as I have.

Trying to balance difficult tires (anything by Interco, large heavy tires, etc) on cheap rims (black rock crawlers, white spokes, etc) is nearly impossible to start with with traditional weights. You need to much weight, they never go in the right spot, it just isn't efficient.

Then you have the issue of keeping the weights on the wheel while off road. Stick on weights I have found can be better but still not perfect.

When you do loose a bead then your tires are totally out of balance (weights are not in the right place any more and they make the issue worse than not having any weights to start with.

With beads they are much more efficiently balanced. I have never lost many beads when I have lost a bead, but I can see how that could happen (carry some extra's if you want?) but even if you loose them all it is much better than having weights in the wrong spot.

I have done both and I will never go back to weights, Air soft BB's are by far a better solution in my mind. Plus, now I don't pay anyone else to mount or balance my tires.

Michael

I know that nobody asked for my opinion, but I am going to give it anyway :rof: I feel I have some expertise in this area considering I don't know of many people who have lost as many beads on the trail as I have.

Trying to balance difficult tires (anything by Interco, large heavy tires, etc) on cheap rims (black rock crawlers, white spokes, etc) is nearly impossible to start with with traditional weights. You need to much weight, they never go in the right spot, it just isn't efficient.

Then you have the issue of keeping the weights on the wheel while off road. Stick on weights I have found can be better but still not perfect.

When you do loose a bead then your tires are totally out of balance (weights are not in the right place any more and they make the issue worse than not having any weights to start with.

With beads they are much more efficiently balanced. I have never lost many beads when I have lost a bead, but I can see how that could happen (carry some extra's if you want?) but even if you loose them all it is much better than having weights in the wrong spot.

I have done both and I will never go back to weights, Air soft BB's are by far a better solution in my mind. Plus, now I don't pay anyone else to mount or balance my tires.

Michael

How does it do at 60. That my issue

How does it do at 60. That my issue

The faster you drive they better balanced they are.

I am running 33x12.5 Bias TSL's on H1 style hummer double beadlocks (I can't imagine a much worst combination of wheel and tire to try to balance), I have 4 excessivly warn ball joints, bad hubs, I get wobble big time in my front wheels due to the joints and hubs between 30-45mph but after 45 the beads take over and do such a good job of balancing out my mess of wheels and tires that it is smooth (still very loud) very smooth. I did 65mph earlier today on the way back from the trail.

I really can't imagine running anything else ever again.
Michael

Back