• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK so I been told but - Currie QC sucks!

casm said:
All I want to know is...

DID ROBERTK INDEED GO BACK TO CURRIE AT 2.30 THIS AFTERNOON AS PROMISED, AND, IF SO, WHAT DID THEY HAVE TO SAY TO HIM?

This is *way* better than what's on TV right now :D

YES I DID

And I bet you want to know the outcome right?

ok well short version. Chris was helpfull. Ray was more helpful (duh, it comes with the second name I guess).

Ray took me back and we checked out many Currie, stock and strange cases. He seemed just as interested in how much they all had to be clearanced. He too seemed a little surprised at the amount of material and that the 9+ case wont fit a 35sp detroit with out the grinding. He did have the valid ppoint as high9 said abotu the strength and how it better to just allow the installer to massage it to thier application.

Side by side the strange case does look much beefier adn the forged main caps are way nicer. The casting is a quality US piece thats for sure. So to compare the import 9+ its hard to really compare looks. But they kept throwing out the super fast muscle cars that use thier 9+ and such. I did get it, thier 9+ case is great! But the strange did it a bit more for me.

As for the QC, yes both pinion supports were a bit off. One the holes were not ni the right places, off enough to have to uni-bit it to use it, and the other was Slightly larger dia and would not fit in a case. But they gladly swapped it out for a different piece.

I will say that yes the QC was off but they made it right!

Would I buy another axle and housing setup from them, NO.

IF I had the money for them to sell me a complete rear end, would I buy it, YES!

Will I continue to buy Jeep sus. parts from them, OF Course!

Will i ever have the money to just buy it all at once I highly doubt it, I am just a poor smuck that doesnt have 3k to drop on a rear end.

ROBERTK said:

iamcriswellsmall.jpg

Criswell in da hizzy!

bobby_hill said:
Currie parts + random bullshit parts = not a good idea.

Dude or dude'ette your a NACK!

Detroit = bullshit huh?
Yukon prem line of gears = bullshit?
Timkin bearings = bullshit?

thats all that was addd to the currie parts you flea from a camels ass....

flea from a camels ass? hm. good one. No, I did not register to post on this site. I registered, and this just happen to be the first post I made. Good to hear they fixed your parts tho. If I worked for Currie, I sure wouldnt deny it, I would love to work there. Its just too bad you had a bad experience. Shit happens, you know? Oh well tho, sounds like everything is going to work out for you.

Casm, stop it! Robert, quit repeating his posts.

All that red hurts my eyes.

ROBERTK said:

No, I already knew they would take care of it.

They just deserve the chance first, before you spewed BS!

hinkley

NRT_Chris said:
did you have a peoblem with your customers housing and axles??

Nope.. Not yet haha they havent been assembled in the housing and 3rd yet. will find out about the rear this weekend adn the front next.

Back