• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Sierra Fest 2013 schedule of events

Eric...what time is the Deer Valley run start on Friday morning? I think I am going to come for the day.

Re: Re: Official Sierra Fest 2013 schedule of events

Question - On Friday when we run DV is everyone coming back thru the trail or driving around the mountain?

It will depend on the status of the trail. I believe the trail is technically closed and if it is the same as last year we won't cross any of the streams. So we will most likely go from Hermit Valley to the first river and back.

Re: Re: Official Sierra Fest 2013 schedule of events

The tentative schedule of events will be as follows:

Aug 8th (Thu) - Arrival day, possible trail ride (TBA)
Evening: possible night run on Slick Rock

Aug 9th (Fri) - Deer Valley Trail (assuming it is open)
Evening: Annual night run to the top of the ridge

Aug 10th (Sat) - Slick Rock Road
Evening: BBQ and Raffle

Aug 11th (Sun) - pack up and head home

This schedule is still current. Everything is based out of the Hermit Valley Campground. Just show up and you won't miss us.

What time will the deer valley run on Friday start? I'll be heading out that morning. Just trying to plan my departure time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hey Eric,
Am I bringing up my Q and am I cooking again? I would be happy to as always.

~Mark

For the Rubicon Trail ride, see the separate thread for that.

Sierra Fest 2013 will be held at the same location as last year which is the Hermit Valley Campground on Hwy 4. See this thread for directions.

The tentative schedule of events will be as follows:

Aug 8th (Thu) - Arrival day, possible trail ride (TBA)
Evening: possible night run on Slick Rock

Aug 9th (Fri) - Deer Valley Trail (assuming it is open)
Evening: Annual night run to the top of the ridge

Aug 10th (Sat) - Slick Rock Road
Evening: BBQ and Raffle

Aug 11th (Sun) - pack up and head home

Don't know if anyone will be hanging back at camp during the trail rides. So far this has never been a problem, but you may not want any valuables left behind or out in the open.

Considering how far out deer valley is I doubt you will have issues with shady folks.

It's a long drive up a twisty road past a lot of other camps and little towns to get there.

Never had an issue but it's a good question.

I try to pack any valuables in the Jeep with me on the Trail. Stuff can be replaced so as long as myself and my guests are safe I'm good :)

So just to let interested parties know... my three person group will be running Corral Hollow on Thursday. We will be arriving at DV trailhead and setting up camp Wednesday afternoon, staying until Sunday am.

Friday running DV with the group and Saturday running SL. No night runs for us, sorry (we're too old for that crap, lol).

See you there!

So just to let interested parties know... my three person group will be running Corral Hollow on Thursday....

I could be out of touch on this, but isn't Corral Hollow still on the closed list? :dunno:

To the best of my knowledge it never was. We ran it last year and then again twice this past winter. While it's a mild rock run it can and was very challenging in the winter as a snow run. We had a blast trying to make it to the top! And coming down was well... an E ticket ride!

I could be out of touch on this, but isn't Corral Hollow still on the closed list? :dunno:

I don't think it was ever closed. The closures were in El Dorado National Forest, but Corral hollow is in The Stanislaus National Forest. I've been on it probably three times this summer and have never seen a sign or anything that made me think I wasn't allowed in there.

I'd say you guys are clear!

So just to let interested parties know... my three person group will be running Corral Hollow on Thursday. We will be arriving at DV trailhead and setting up camp Wednesday afternoon, staying until Sunday am.

Friday running DV with the group and Saturday running SL. No night runs for us, sorry (we're too old for that crap, lol).

See you there!

What time Thursday you gonna run it?

Back