• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddly optioned xj's

yes full over head console with computer. it has rke also.

I got cheap/lazy and did this:
Cargo_Pocket.sized.jpg

Brilliant, I'm copying you tomorrow.

My sis had pretty much the most basic xj I've ever seen.
95 SE 2.5L 5-speed
vinyl seats
2 door
no power anything
2wd
am/fm radio
no tint
and I don't think it had a/c

The oddest thing about it was that the factory put a 4.0L high output badge on it, but it was the 4-cyl

The oddest thing about it was that the factory put a 4.0L high output badge on it, but it was the 4-cyl
hahaha, now that IS a strangely optioned jeep :D

Anyone know if you could get an OHC without RKE? I've only seen about half a dozen with a factory OHC and all of them had RKE as well.

i got a dana 44 out of a forest service truck and it has 3.07 gears

I have a 97 sport with factory fogs, Manual doors and locks and cruise. Not sure if its oddly optioned but it sounds like it.

I have an 86 thats metallic blue, blue interior, 2.5L, 4 speed, non power windows and locks, full gauges except for tach, and another weird option i cant remember........Does that sound rare? or weird?

So I was at the junkyard the other day and I came across a 90 cherokee with a manual trans, 2.5L but the thing which I thought was odd was it had a black interior. I've never seen a black interior I don't think in any xj. I didn't get a very good look at options due a giant hornets nest in the passenger mirror but I get a better look next time when I have some wasp spray.

my 87 xj had a full black interior. I wish I saved it for my 92 with tan interior.

It was an 87, two tone, 4.0L, NP231, AW4, D30, D35, p/s, a/c, manual locks and windows, fixed back front seats, no rear defroster, 4 speaker stereo, and factory rear swing out tire carrier. Oddly optioned if you ask me.

Black interiors weren't an odd option in the older XJ's. They were common, just as the gross burgandy color was. I think I have some pics of them on my home computer.

Oh really? Yeah the cherokee I saw with the black interior was an 1988 but still I haven't seen too many black interiors on the older cherokees, They all seem to be gray, tan, or blue. I have the burgandy color in my 90 xj and I haven't seen much of those either, which sucks cause I need a drivers door panel and I've been looking for almost two years now.

Oh really? Yeah the cherokee I saw with the black interior was an 1988 but still I haven't seen too many black interiors on the older cherokees, They all seem to be gray, tan, or blue. I have the burgandy color in my 90 xj and I haven't seen much of those either, which sucks cause I need a drivers door panel and I've been looking for almost two years now.

Okay heres my oddball.
1991 Base model
4.0L/AX-15/NP231
d30/d35 3.07
All factory skids except t-case no tow hooks
Jensen speakers,a/c,pwr steering,no wing windows, crank windows and baby 1 inch reciever hitch instead of the 2 inch with rear wiper and defrost,cloth seats and full gauges with tach and the bastard has a waggy radiator as the drain is on the side not the damn bottom ! to me it sounds like its a government issue or fleet jeep but its got carpet and its dark purple ? I dont know

Black was more common in the older Limited's. Here's one of my favorite leather interiors in an 87 Limited:

xj_interior_87_limited.jpg

this thing was prolly the hottest thing in '87

Back