• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddly optioned xj's

Im not sure how many odd options my Jeep has but I will list them out for you folks. At the begining of the year I purchased my second XJ, its a 1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. The interior is tan with what I want to say is vinyl on the outter part of the seat and a flannel pattern on the inside and the seats have electronic adjustment controls. The jeep was equipped with power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, transmission comfort switch, fog light switch and a factory premium sound package that included a jensen radio and six jensen speakers. Carpet on the floors, a rear back compartment cover that rolls up I dont know the exact name of the part. It also has a jack on the upper left corner of the last rear passenger side window for a cb radio. On the outside it has a rear tire carrier, OEM fog lights on the front bumper and chrome moldings all around. The best part is underneath the car, its running a Dana30 up front and a Dana44 in the rear it also has the class 3 tow hitch. Im running the V6 4.0L with an automatic transmission and another cool little piece is under the hood. On the bottom of the hood the jeep has a light attached to a band that lets you pull out and use throughout the engine bay.

Thanks for looking guys.

Don't mean to pick on you, but don't you mean the I6 or inline six cylinder? Or was it a ford 4.0 V6 swap or something?
:huh:

Ordered as a fleet vehicle for Appalachian Electric Co.
99' 2 Door White Black Trim, Up Country Package
4.0L
Auto
Ac
Am/Fm Cassette 2 door speakers
Power Mirrors
Vinyl seats
carpet
Roof rack delete
Complete skids
Tow hooks front and rear
Heavy Duty cooling
Trans cooler
High output alternator
28 gallon fuel tank( this is not a misprint I have the buildsheet and thats what it says)
Steel wheels with Factory fullsize chrome hubcaps(not just the center caps)

do that or e-mail chrysler requesting one and give them your VIN.

28 gallon fuel tank( this is not a misprint I have the buildsheet and thats what it says)

is it the original build sheet or one you acquired recently? that just seems odd to me. how much is the most youve ever put in for a fill up?

1995 Cherokee Country Black with goldish trim.
4.0l, aw4, 242, d30/d35, abs, power driver seat, manual passenger, woodgrain, tan leather, 4 cup holders!, fog lights, pw, pl, power mirrors, rear defrost and wiper, fog lights, roof console, lighted vanity mirrors, block heater, towing package with factory hitch and wiring harness, trans cooler, no skid plates whatsoever, air bag and cruise.

1996 Cherokee Country Fire red with grey trim
4.0l, aw4, 231, d30/d35, abs, power driver seat, manual passenger, woodgrain, black leather, no cup holders, pw, pw, power mirrors, lighted vanity mirrors, rear defrost and wiper, roof console, factory trans cooler, no towing package, no hitch or wiring, no skidplates whatsoever, air bag, cruise.

maybe not so rare options but its weird how I have had 2 similar country's with abs that have been just about fully loaded.

Odd options??? Bet you guys don't have one of these, it's rarest of the rare XJ options:

System Sentry
xjdashsystemsentry.jpg
Holy moly, here I was thinking that Jeep just left that blank panel there for us to put locker/light switches in. That's pretty awesome.

My XJ came with the "passenger door does not work" option. Other than that it's a pretty standard Sport build - d35, cloth seats, grey interior, radio, cruise control, 4L, NP231, steel rims, OEM fog lights. I just put a set of '96 ZJ rims+brand new tires on it and upgraded the fog lights though. Emailing chrysler now for a build sheet...

lol lol lol? lolol lol lol, lol lol [email protected]? lol
FTFY ;)

Guess that not many of you guys have seen an xj like mine. It's a 1999 Orvis which is the top spec (above Limited) here in the UK. As far as I know it has every option available though correct me if I'm wrong:

4.0L inline 6
Auto transmission with transmission cooler
Selec-Trac 4x4
Leather electric seats with front and rear head restraints
Cruise control
4 electric windows and electric heated mirrors
Air con
Overhead console with computer and compass
Factory fit CD changer in the trunk with Infinity amp and 6 speakers
Front and rear fog lights
Hood vents
Tailgate spoiler

If I knew how to post photos I would:confused1

I have this Jeep Cherokee...with this really weird 60th Anniversary Sticker on the side and these matching floormats.

Hahaha.

My 2001 60th Anniversary Edition came with:

4.0L
Auto tranny (AW4?)
NP-231
Dana 30/35 (dammit)
Cloth seats
Cruise Control
Power doors and windows and power/heated mirrors
No remote locks
A/C
Silverstar wheels

I would have thought that a special anniversary package would've come with a few more luxury tidbits, but whatever.

i doubt this is special but it had me thinking

2000 XJ limited
all black leather interior
power driver seat
manual pass.
cruise control
LPD30/35
auto, so i assume its the aw4
np242
factory fogs
no front tow hooks
rear 2" hitch with hook ups
16" wheels
and i think it had factory skids at one time.

Hey '99 Orvis- you gotta get some pics of this beast up on here. A good friend of mine has a '95 Grand Cherokee Orvis, and he's the one that got me hooked on this Jeep thing a dozen years ago. I've been working on my '92, trying to replicate the Euro only version called the Cherokee Colorado. I saw a sales brochure on the Blue Gerbil website. There were a few interesting option packages offered by Jeep through the years that we've never seen here in the States. Cheers, and welcome!

Heated front seats?
No! I feel cheated:mad:
Hey '99 Orvis- you gotta get some pics of this beast up on here. A good friend of mine has a '95 Grand Cherokee Orvis, and he's the one that got me hooked on this Jeep thing a dozen years ago. I've been working on my '92, trying to replicate the Euro only version called the Cherokee Colorado. I saw a sales brochure on the Blue Gerbil website. There were a few interesting option packages offered by Jeep through the years that we've never seen here in the States. Cheers, and welcome!
Thanks for the welcome. I've never heard of the Colorado, I'll have to look it up. Here's some pics of my Orvis, I've only had it for 2 months but love the thing. I've been looking for an xj for so long but wanted the right spec in the best condition. It's got 70k miles with one owner and full history.
BUUWJVwmkKGrHgoH-CQEjlLl1C88BKM8YTq.jpg

BUUWPKgBmkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBKM8Yu.jpg

BUUWV9gB2kKGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKM8ZP.jpg

BUUWTKwBWkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKM8ZC.jpg

It's really nice, but they put the steering wheel in the wrong place! The Orvis Grand Chero's had a real fancy interior, with green, and a sort of mustard-color leather, with red piping. That is a nice ride, though. The sales brochure I saw for the Colorado was in German, and it was LHD, so maybe they never came to GB.

My rig:

88´Wagoneer Limited. Made in Venezuela

-AMC242
-AW4
-N242
-Dana 44 rear
-4.10 gear ratio
-Skids for steering, t´case and fuel tank
-No rear defroster
-No fog lights
-A/C
-Power steering