• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddly optioned xj's

28 gallon fuel tank( this is not a misprint I have the buildsheet and thats what it says)
That may be what it SAYS, but how much can you actually put in there? Buildsheets are crap half the time especially for the older ones, although on a '99 it should be fairly accurate. Never seen a 28-gallon option on the XJ so pics as proof would be interesting to see.

would be nice to have aftermarket place to order stuff like that cargo drawr / box thing. Never seen one before.

BUUWTKwBWkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKM8ZC.jpg

That may be what it SAYS, but how much can you actually put in there? Buildsheets are crap half the time especially for the older ones, although on a '99 it should be fairly accurate. Never seen a 28-gallon option on the XJ so pics as proof would be interesting to see.

I wonder if the build sheet says 20 gallon tank, and it had the option to be shipped from the factory with 8 gallon's of gas in the tank. I believe both my 97 & 98's had the extra 8 gallon's of gas in the tank when they were shipped.

Don't know about odd other than its an 86 with the stock 2.8 (3RD one put in it but not by me) but here goes;

1986 larado pkg 4dr
2.8 v6
chrysler 904 auto trans
np228 t-case
4:10 gears but a crappy D35 rearend
front/t-case/gas tank skid plates
towing package
a/c
cruise control
hood light that pulls out for a work light
ps
pb
pdl
pw
rear wiper w/washer
rear defroster
cloth seats
multi adjustable front seats/manual
tanue cover
roof rack
four speaker system w/ tweeters in the lower dash/ pwr antenna
digital quartz clock
20 gal fuel tank
aluminum wheels, 7 inch wide
pin stripping

for an 86, this thing sounds loaded! and most of it still works which is pretty cool when your wheel-n. No a/c though

Last edited:
Two things caught my eye. One is the cargo box on the right side of the cargo area. The second being the faring coming off the top of the rear liftgate. I want something like that for my XJ. Anyone know where to get these?

No! I feel cheated:mad:

Thanks for the welcome. I've never heard of the Colorado, I'll have to look it up. Here's some pics of my Orvis, I've only had it for 2 months but love the thing. I've been looking for an xj for so long but wanted the right spec in the best condition. It's got 70k miles with one owner and full history.
BUUWJVwmkKGrHgoH-CQEjlLl1C88BKM8YTq.jpg

BUUWPKgBmkKGrHgoH-D8EjlLlzKDlBKM8Yu.jpg

BUUWV9gB2kKGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBKM8ZP.jpg

BUUWTKwBWkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKM8ZC.jpg

You also missed the 5.9 ZJ style tire cover, the non functional hood vents, the leather on the doors, the rear headrests, and the better leather on the seats. Oh.. and the diesel engine.

You can occasionally find that read diffuser on ebay.

Some points.
-I think the read headrest are standard for every XJ after year 95.
-The faring on liftgate´s top is the same for the Cherokee Wild Sport (limited edition of 200 units only in France)
-Diesel engines are very common in Europe...the 4.0 is less common here.

Regards

Every XJ (and every vehicle sold in the US since, I believe, 1970) has had either adjustable headrests or high-back seats, bench or bucket, to reduce whiplash injuries. They were modified for 2006 models (leaves us out, thankfully) with a more aggressive angle toward the driver's and paasenger's heads, to be closer to keep rearward movement to a minimum. I've been in a few of these, and find them to be very annoying.
-I think the read headrest are standard for every XJ after year 95.

Back