• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nut Strips ?

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to get the nut strips for the rear bumper?I got one on the passenger side but need one for the drivers side to install my new Nates4X4 bumper.
Thanks ALL!

Dealership.. 10 each I think last time I got some. For the framerails right?

My 98 came with one in and one missing so check before you buy.

Dang, well I guess that figures.. last time I bought them was 4 years ago. Silly gas/steel prices.

geez......looks like i need to make a template and start making these and selling them for about 10-15 bucks.......especially when then parts i can get from free at work LOL

It isnt quite that easy,theyve got some shapes to them.They have to be turned vertical to get them in the frame rail and then flipped back horizontal.Some people dont use all the bolts,I did!
bracket.jpg

rear%20bump2.jpg

Last edited:
My 1999 came with the RH one in there for the heat shield and exhaust brkt - the LH is empty.

thats how mine was.

oh yea I forgot to mention that when using the 2" wide strap you have to notch the hole a little to get it to slide inside the frame.
I suppose you could use 1.5" wide strap,I used the 2" because thats what I had laying around.

Back