• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP203/205 Test fit...

ashmanjeepxj said:
Do you have three shifters?

I also would like to see your seat mounts. the flat mounted 205 in mine made for some difficult seat mounts.
That is the 10K dollar question that will get answered this weekend. Did I mention that I got wood today?

ashmanjeepxj said:
Do you have three shifters?

I also would like to see your seat mounts. the flat mounted 205 in mine made for some difficult seat mounts.

After putting the seat in there to see, It looks like a nightmare. Look at the 3rd picture orange nut is on the 203 lever.

Ghost said:
After putting the seat in there to see, It looks like a nightmare. Look at the 3rd picture orange nut is on the 203 lever.

I replied to your PM. I didnt use the factory seats. I used toyota bucket seats now I have beards.

Used the passenger side seat mounts slider modified to different seats mounted on the drivers side.

Ty sir Am not looking at racing style seats. I need a thin seat that is narrow. Unlike my butt.

We got the factory seat in with modifications. My head is right at the roll cage but it is drivable. Drove it in the field next to the shop Sunday. Lost the digi so I will post up pictures when I can.

Ghost said:
We got the factory seat in with modifications. My head is right at the roll cage but it is drivable. Drove it in the field next to the shop Sunday. Lost the digi so I will post up pictures when I can.
We need some video of a double low range 2wd burnout in the street.

ashmanjeepxj said:
We need some video of a double low range 2wd burnout in the street.
I'm scared the 31 spline 9" may not handle it. :sad1:

I may have found a speed sensor that will bolt up to the 205 and be wireable to the jeep electronic speeometer. Will fill you in when the jeep comes back form the exhaust shop and I confirm some things on my 205.

Before you tell me all the things wrong with it give me a chance to finish the details. It is not trail ready. The cage was a learning experience, there are some changes I need to make but for now untill I get the rest of the details finished it will have to stay like it is. Now the seat mount and the exhaust routing and other odds and ends since my last update. I drove her back from the exhaust shop and it ran well and was very smooth. Not loud like I expected the tcases to be.

Seat is too high and front leggs come in too low to the Bpillar which needs to be a little taller. Maybe .5" or so.
203205update037.jpg

203205update030.jpg

Front bar ties in to 14ga tunnel I built but will get a "foot" that will have a pad like the cage leggs.
203205update026.jpg

Notch I cut out to get it out of the tunnel. Cut too much depending on time and all the other details I may do it differently with less cut. It will not adjust for some reason, another detail I need to work out.
203205update028.jpg

Rear currently ties into factory xj tunnel but will get a foot also.
203205update029.jpg

Exhaust routing cost me $60 and one less headache!
203205update032.jpg

Cheery bomb bc its cheap, $30 and made of thick steel.
203205update033.jpg

UCA with adjustable fron JJ. Damn she needs a pressure washer under there BAD!
203205update035.jpg

LCA JJ on each end.
203205update036.jpg

TB bracket and new heim.
203205update034.jpg

I like it..

I think My seat might be even taller, but im a short guy only 5 8in, and mine leans back far. I have enough head room because my roof cage is all exo. If I lean forward and stick my head out the door I can wack my head on the tube. I ware a helmet when I wheel because of the type of stuff we do and because my seat is tall.

Thats pritty much what I did for my seat mounts. There wasn't enough room to bend some tube to go from the cage on both sides over the tranny tunel so they stop and have a foot welded to the floor.

I got a speed sensor from a shop but have not gotten it in yet. Not sure if I will et it in by Tellico or not. The jeep seems to be orking well in the few runs arround town. It does have DW on the whim though. I toasted one of the threaded rods and had to redo the rear shifter linkage. I'm currently redoing the rock rails off the old heep. Hope to have it in the woods by the weekend or next.

Ran it in Tellico this month and was very pleased. I broke a ujoint, I think because it was not tacked, I cracked a pitman arm, which I was thinking was happening before I did this mod, and I almost ripped the axle mount side of the TB off. I also flattened a alcan leaf on the pasanger side. I discovered crawling on the trip too. There were a couple of instances where I was able to heat up the tires and then put the two cases in low and crawl the rock slow. One of the biggest problems I have had was sliding off the wet rocks here in the south. I think this may be a good way arround the heavy foot axle breaking style I have been using.

Neat...I've also discovered how effective the stupid low crawl can be. Especially since mine's a 5-speed the added control of the double low range is awesome.

What u-joint did you break? A 760x?

vetteboy said:
Neat...I've also discovered how effective the stupid low crawl can be. Especially since mine's a 5-speed the added control of the double low range is awesome.

What u-joint did you break? A 760x?
Was the cap on a 270?? We ran those joints last year with the 33's. Luckily MarcWNC heard it go and stopped me. I was able to throw another joint in that night and go the next day. I have yet to find some outers for spares. Then again I have to look to get them.

Yeah, it's definitely easier to break parts with the double low. So far I've busted a stock Dana 60 inner and outer stub with mine, and I've since gone to all alloy 35-spline stuff and haven't had a problem since.

What did your driveshaft length end up being?

vetteboy said:
Yeah, it's definitely easier to break parts with the double low. So far I've busted a stock Dana 60 inner and outer stub with mine, and I've since gone to all alloy 35-spline stuff and haven't had a problem since.

What did your driveshaft length end up being?
Rear is 29.75 and the front is 37.25. I also ripped the boot on my brand new front woody!

Back