• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Skill...

I will always be held in awe of the abilities of the XJ. From bone stock to wildly modified. I just wonder what my limits are..and how quickly :D I will reach them!!!

Limits are best pursued while in the presence of others. A 20 mile hike back to civilization is not the worse that can happen. With that aside, it is much more fun to laugh at oneself when not laughing alone.

So, do you guys think my Dad should be relegated to driving a stock XJ when he has the opportunity to drive mine? I let him behind the wheel whenever he wants and sometimes force him there. He's never driven off road before in his life. I guess we should send him to the crapper cuz he got into the sport in a fairly modified vehicle.

There ya go, fling more poo.

Sean

LOL... ok, now you're entering a whole differnt realm :D Here you're talking about having someone drive your XJ under your instructions :D. What we were talking originally (or so I though) is a first time off roader going out and buying a rig like yours (for example) or having someone build one like that for him, or him putting together one like that and then hitting trails. A big rig, might give one a feeling of "capbility" which he doesn't have due to the lack of practice.....

Kejtar

OneTonXJ said:
So, do you guys think my Dad should be relegated to driving a stock XJ when he has the opportunity to drive mine? I let him behind the wheel whenever he wants and sometimes force him there. He's never driven off road before in his life. I guess we should send him to the crapper cuz he got into the sport in a fairly modified vehicle.

There ya go, fling more poo.

Sean

You can't bring Dad's into this, they're in their own league. :D

I'm not into the gradual build up's are better thing, many times that just wastes money because you buy things to replace what you previously bought. I just think the reliability as well as the capabilty should be considered in the build up.

Since the TJ came out, we have seen more people on the trails that can't drive worth a damn, who took their rig over to a 4x4 shop and paid to have a nice rig built for them. Even though we have to put up with their inexperience, they have as much right to be there as we do.......even if we do laugh a little behind their backs while they're learning. :)

Laugh with them...let them know it only gets better. If you give them a good natured ribbing and they recieve it well...they could end up being just the kind of off-roader we all enjoy being around. But if they get all self absorbed and ignore any help...then its best they don't feel comfortable being with us anyway!!!

Holy Crap..... I haven't read this stupid thread i like a week, i can't believe its still going......

the degenereation of the club is depressing....

Funny thing is, this thread is relevant to a similar subject not too long ago.

A guy (ooops) has been talking about bringing an XJ to an event. He is gonna have 8" plus lift with 35s and hasn't so much as been on a dirt road before. It didn't blow so bad when everyone expressed concern for this guy's well being for having such a big rig and zero 'sperience.

The guy I think took it totally wrong and I haven't seen his name around the forums since.

By the way, I agree fully with all advice given to this guy, but he took it as criticism, not as the well wishing it was meant to be.

Just can't remember this guy's name, hmmmmm :confused:

Crunch

That "Guy" has been around NAXJA and preNAXJA froums for more years than 99.9% of the people here today. And has taken much more crap than that over they way he designed/still building (?) his first XJ.

I don't think he's offended.

Isn't that what I said....can these people take the advice/critisism/ of well intentioned people? I know
there are certain people like OneTon, Eagle,EXtremeXJ to
name just a few that have been there and done that.
If I should show up to a get together of other XJ owners
and ignored advice...I don't care if I had a bone stocker or
a super-modified....If I didn't care about well intentioned
intervention....I wouldn't belong...I think thats plain and simple....

I think this is one of the mostr highly read, replied threads on here were going on five pages......

Centre, pat yourself on the back some other time. We've had much longer discussions about much dumber subjects than this.

Don't lump Eagle in with us, he called my hunk a pile of pipes. We all know pipe is for smoking crack, tube is for cages.

Centrevillemx said:
What you said makes no sense to me whatsoever.....

Now that's one of the most insightful comments I've read in a long time. :D

Centre....... :thumbup:

:D :D

Back