• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice to see NAXJA got invited...

I'm sure one of the mods over thre will delete my reply, so here's what I posted.
It was so thoughtful and kind of you val to make sure that those of us on Naxja were invited to participate in placing the Memorial Stone.

It sure was great that we've been "in the loop" so to speak and not left out in the cold.

It was great that we were able to make sure that Seth's Mom and Brothers were able to be there to see it.

Oh wait....

We weren't told a damn thing about it.

Thanks again for your thoughtful and courteous consideration.
rolleyes.gif

Personally i would have sent a PM. Sucks there was no invite, but the main thing was the trail was done and plaque placed, and thats what matters.

IMO its not worth the fight. Set up another memorial run, run Indy and pay your respects at that time. It's a great thing that everyone in the Off Road Community has came together to make all of this happen, to take care of one of our own lets not end it in an argument.

Lots more history than you're aware of.

Considering we (You, myself and Troy and others) were the ones that came up with the whole idea and initiated this whole thing from the beginning, I have to say, I'm a little pissed as well.I guess we're good enough to bust our asses and raise $1400 from this and donate it to COHVCO in Seth's name but we're not good enough to get a heads-up about the placing of the memorial. To hell wih those jerk-offs- they'll never get any more of my time or money again.

Wow.. thats some bs right there. We should do a run though over there and get a look see at the plaque.

Glad to see a plaque for Seth...

but...

DAMNIT!

Why the FUKK do people keep feeling they need to make Indy easier!?!?

I've seen plenty of rigs drive the exit...which to me makes it plenty do-able :smsoap:

Seriously...just because 90% of people can't make it does NOT mean we should fukk with it!

Bah sorry but that makes me furious...

1: sucks ya guys didntknow. I don't k ow the story behi d it but what's done is done so go pay respects and enjoy the memory.

2: for those of you wanting to go look-- I posted a trail run in penrose for Sunday. Check it out. Come hang even if ya just wanna camp or check out the trails.

3: I agree with Justin. I saw two guys drive it a few weekends ago. Without rear steer. Rear steer has nothing to do with it. It looked like the combination of tires, throttle, jäger, and some fhuckit in your system got the job done. Progressively harder trails require progressively better driving/equipment.

Yeah, I'm pretty miffed as well. But what REALLY sucks is how dadgum long it took to get that memorial plaque placed at all. COHVCO has been so screwed up with in-fighting and other drama, so much of what they stood for got way lost and muddled up.

Regardless...... I'd do it all again. But I pray every day that I never have to.

Indeed, the important thing is that it's finally done! I just hope the Stanton family - if they were there for the stone placement, weren't wondering why no one from NAXJA was there.......

Here's the plaque and it's placement. Pretty damn cool! :thumbup:

dscn0833.jpg

Last edited:
We got word at the last minute ( the day of ) and I was already in the Springs with my Son! It is frustrating to say the least that NAXJA whom Seth represented was not informed of this important day!!! Still, like jwtrapper said, it is not worth the fight! Let's have a trail run and pay our respects NAXJA style!

Last edited:
Nice post over there Troy.

As far as I am concerned, I just scratched them off my christmas list.

Last edited:
That was a great response troy!

If they can't send out an easy email, pm or something to notify NAXJA, and include us in something we all helped out with one way or another sounds like we just need to keep our fundraising internal. Sucks that we try and come together but something like this has to push us apart. Makes me want to buy more of those stickers and cover the XJ with them.

On a side note I know there’s some political issues with just getting the placement stone in place, but I have a HD plasma table at work and I just sent my last sticker to my cad guy to do a mock layout to burn it out of metal. That would be cool to have placed on the trail with that stone or on a trail clean up in his name. After he’s done with the layout side of it I’ll try and post up some pics.

I could try and get the metal donated or even at my cost shouldn't be that much if we went 3/16" or 1/4"

Perfectly said (over there), Troy. It blows that NAXJA's Colorado Chapter's role was overlooked, but IMHO that is somewhat typical of the cliquey atmosphere at CO4x4 -- what is most important is that the memorial, with NAXJA effort and funding if not sweat, is in place and will provide a great place of remembrance and honor for Seth's family.

Early-mid June massive Chapter run in Seth's honor? Bring his family along if they'd like?

I wasn't going to post over there but after reading Val's post to Frank I had to reply.:gonnablow

I propose that from now on any fundraising, trail maintenance or anything else related, that we do, does not include even a mention on CO4x4.

Wow! I have never been a fan of CO4x4, and really never thought of joining, and now I certainly will not.

Anyways, I am very impressed with the repsonses from Frank, Troy, and Jeff. Thank you for representing NAXJA with great respectful responses, while also giving all involved a good kick in the ass! :thumbup:

Am I seeing things? Have Troy's, Frank's, and Jeff's postings been deleted? It might just be this stupid school computer but I am not seeing them.

I am very disappointed...

Yep. All posts relating to their posts have also been deleted, from what I'm seeing.

Back