• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

next Meet&Greet?

Just in case anyone sees a tall half black guy with glasses roaming around, that'd be me. Also I have short hair as I'm a Marine.

BlackSport96 said:
Matt, do you want to meet up before we head out?

I have a black 4 door, but its getting a custom oil pan fabbed up right now. Will try to get my friend in his bone stock, Red 2000 XJ to come out.

So maybe we can meet up just call me on my cell, I PM'ed you it.

Matt

XJ_Matt said:
I have a black 4 door, but its getting a custom oil pan fabbed up right now. Will try to get my friend in his bone stock, Red 2000 XJ to come out.

So maybe we can meet up just call me on my cell, I PM'ed you it.

Matt

Got it, I'll call sometime around 5:30. I should be off work by then.

rpili2001 said:
Dont know who else will be there. Maybe Ron and Charles since they live close by.

I'll be there with my three year old son. I'll give Charles a ring to see what he's up to.

Ron

What's the environment like? My wife is pregnant and worried about the smoke. But now that i come to think of it there isn't any smoking allowed indoors in CA, is there...

Get Charles out there Ron, he's probably polishing his brake disks.

Its a casual restaurant, no smoking inside.

Matt see if Mike and Vanessa can go. Is he working at the Copy Club now???

I was going to suprise Dave et.al with my showing up.
Get out of the desert for a cold brew or two....
Then an insurance adjuster calls...can I meet him at about 5:00pm for
a walk thru on a big claim (can you say cha-ching!)
Ohhhh.....I guess!
Oh...BTW...I am an insurance contractor (in my spare time :yelclap: )
So now...maybe I can afford some 33's!
Rick R

Rick, if you want small tires for the easy stuff you can buy my 30x9.5 inchers.

BTW, You missed a good M&G. Maybe you'll show up next time?

Ronbo said:
I'll be there with my three year old son.
Ron

Sorry, I'm a loser.
Mr. Mom/Uncle duty arose last night so I didn't get to the brewery.
:rattle:

It was a good time last night, my wife especially enjoyed it. She learned quite a bit just listening in on conversations and asking me questions. Here's to next month! :D
Who is it that has the garage full of Jeep parts down here? I'm a moron and forgot... :eek:

Last edited:
Ronbo said:
Sorry, I'm a loser.
Mr. Mom/Uncle duty arose last night so I didn't get to the brewery.
:rattle:

Ron,

We waited and waited for you then at 7:01 pm we went in and ordered beers.

Sorry you couldnt make it. Maybe next month.

This gathering was the largest SoCal NAXJA Chapter gathering I've been to without a BOD member present - maybe we should send them the bill - where else is our membership money going too???? Which brings up another issue - with Mark headin off to Texas, who's the treasuer now???

BlackSport96 (Jerimy?? and wife),

The only guy I know with a garage full of jeep stuff is Mike Rollins in Costa Mesa. Is that who you were referring too? The only other guy maybe Ryan Brown. Contact him back channel www.rawbrown.com - he's an evil vendor so you can't talk about parts and prices out in the open.

Also got the scoop on what really happened on Bronco Peak. Evil Dave spotted the TJ into rocks just to make them look bad so they won't think about going to JV.

Ray

Ray, Thanks for the info on parts guys down here. I may have to contact Mike (MikeR in here?) and see what he's got. Any spare change left after baby and bills could be used towards Jeep...

BlackSport96 said:
Ray, Thanks for the info on parts guys down here. I may have to contact Mike (MikeR in here?) and see what he's got. Any spare change left after baby and bills could be used towards Jeep...

MJR on NAXJA He's the VP of the SOCAL Chapter.

Plan what you want to do and bounce it off the list. Or find a jeep you like to copy and ask away. You can do 90% of the local trails with enough lift to clear 31's, a rear locker, proper gearing and rock armor. You can do maybe 75% of the local trails with a stock XJ. Rock armor helps tho.

One thing I definitely want is rock rails, skids (engine/transfer, gas tank at least), 4.5" lift with 32" tires, ARB bumper, and winch. Further down the road I want ARB lockers front and rear. I don't know if this is the right place to ask or if should ask in Modified tech, but how does an XJ do on the road with a rear locker? I know it'll wear the tires a little bit more and you have to coast through turns or listen to a tire chirping across the pavement. How does it drive just as a daily driver?

Mine works great....locked rear that is. Just as you noted..they push thru corners.....and basicly just have a different feel than an open diff.
I wouldn't bother with an ARB or selectable in the rear. But the front...that could go either way.
BTW I run 32's with Detroits F&R. 4:56 R&P
Rick R

So, are we gonna be doin this on the 1st Tuesday every month as was originally suggested?

I just found a pretty cool new place to meet up at. Its just off the 78 in Vista Village area and called Back Street Brewery. Intergrated into the brewery is the famous Lamp Post Pizza. The place has a nice atmosphere of like a little town. Lots of shops and very good pizza & beer! We can park our XJ's Right along the side street to watch as the common folk pass by and marvel at our rigs . There were alot of pre-runner type Fords & Dodges parked there. I thought it would be a great spot for our future M&G.

Matt

XJ_Matt said:
I just found a pretty cool new place to meet up at. Its just off the 78 in Vista Village area and called Back Street Brewery. Intergrated into the brewery is the famous Lamp Post Pizza. The place has a nice atmosphere of like a little town. Lots of shops and very good pizza & beer! We can park our XJ's Right along the side street to watch as the common folk pass by and marvel at our rigs . There were alot of pre-runner type Fords & Dodges parked there. I thought it would be a great spot for our future M&G.

Matt

Sounds good to me. Where is this at now? I'm not entirely sure of where the Vista Village is. Do you have your XJ back? Maybe we can go hit one of those lots you were talking about...

Back