• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie/Stocker Run

Hey Matt.... yeah, I'm still down. Especially since I won't be able to make the 3/11 snow run (moving into my new house).

And BTW, if I'm meeting w/ you and Phil for the drive over I saw FAWK breakfast. I need my beauty sleep....

Late,

dR

Edit: Guess I'm actually supposed to hook up w/ Sniggs and Ecksjay prior to the run...not you.

Well it would make more sense to cruise up the night before, so us three Oregonians would probably convoy up... but can anyone hold 3 for the night? I haven't talked to them, whether we should cruise up at night, or early early that morning.

Oh, and does ECKSJAY have the chapter stickers now? If so, I need to outfit my rig.

pdxxjnoob said:
Well it would make more sense to cruise up the night before, so us three Oregonians would probably convoy up... but can anyone hold 3 for the night? I haven't talked to them, whether we should cruise up at night, or early early that morning.
I could, in thoery host the three cast-offs.... I've got 2400 sq. ft. to myself in Tacoma, about an hour from Tahuya. Maybe we could all head back there for a little BBQ/socializing after the run? Anybody interested?

-----Matt-----

norcal420 said:
And BTW, if I'm meeting w/ you and Phil for the drive over I saw FAWK breakfast. I need my beauty sleep....

Late,

dR

Edit: Guess I'm actually supposed to hook up w/ Sniggs and Ecksjay prior to the run...not you.
I feel left out...:( I could pick up the convoy as it passed Tacoma though....

-----Matt-----

JMotorsprt said:
My input:

March 5th might not be enough warning for me to get a day off. My half assed employer took my Sundays away.

I am out in Yelm, if you bring a Sleeping bag, we should have enought floor space. That is if I am able to go.

Joe showed me a little around Tahuya, and we had a fairly late start. Must have been clost to 11 or so. How about we meet up a 9:00. But Where?

Jason
Jeez! First it's Saturday's now it's Sunday's...will you MAKE UP YOUR MIND???

:|

Sniggs said:
Jeez! First it's Saturday's now it's Sunday's...will you MAKE UP YOUR MIND???

:|
Seriously!
IXNAYXJ said:
Weekends are obviously a must, as most of us have Monday through Friday sentences at the Salt Mine. Sundays are better for a some (you know who you are...and so do we!)
-----Matt-----

XJjeepLess said:
Mark (Sniggs), has them I believe. I got mine from him.

Mark, what would be a good time to meet you all at Costco?
Phil and I will be working this out. Need to add time for breakfast and a drive by of Howard's house to pee on his tires... Phil wants to see if he can hit Howard's Spare!

Bass... there's a staging area there if you wanted just to park and go on a "Ride Along" I will have an open seat and there's a few others too.

Sniggs said:
Phil and I will be working this out. Need to add time for breakfast and a drive by of Howard's house to pee on his tires... Phil wants to see if he can hit Howard's Spare!

.............Bass... there's a staging area there if you wanted just to park and go on a "Ride Along" I will have an open seat and there's a few others too.

Thats fine, not like it is tomorrow or anything. Still anytime works.

I also will have one open seat if anyone wants to ride along or whatever.

IXNAYXJ said:
I feel left out...:( I could pick up the convoy as it passed Tacoma though....

-----Matt-----
heh... want us to give you a wake up call when we get to Costco? ;)

dang, wish I could come up for this. Just made plans for that weekend, about 20 minutes ago. I shoulda logged on first. And I'm only getting like 9mpg right now, such is the state of my engine :(

oh well, maybe another time (more locally hopefully)

twardozrally said:
dang, wish I could come up for this. Just made plans for that weekend, about 20 minutes ago. I shoulda logged on first. And I'm only getting like 9mpg right now, such is the state of my engine :(

oh well, maybe another time (more locally hopefully)

Don't worry, man...keep in mind this place is a great spot for locals, even greater for newbie locals. :)

IXNAYXJ said:
I could, in thoery host the three cast-offs....

Just wait till NWFest, then we'll see who the cast-offs are... :D I don't require much for lodging. If the need be, the back of my heep is relatively comfortable...

PDXXJNOOB, I was thinking along the same lines as you. I'd much rather go up the night before, than have to leave at 5am the day of. I'll PM you and JPARS to see where we want to meet up either way to convoy up.

IXNAYXJ said:
...Maybe we could all head back there for a little BBQ/socializing after the run? Anybody interested?

That sounds like a great idea to me. No better way to work up an appetite than wheeling (hopefully no wrenching) all day.

edit: I realize this has no relevance to the thread at hand, but I just got done with my federal taxes and I'll be getting a hefty amount back. Some of which will go towards my name being a red font soon... :D

Last edited:
Sniggs said:
Bass... there's a staging area there if you wanted just to park and go on a "Ride Along" I will have an open seat and there's a few others too.

I think I'm going to spend the day making my jeep taller. Thanks for the invite for the open seat, riding is the next best thing to wheelin, I'm just to busy that weekend anyways. Maybe in the next few weeks/months we can get something going up north, although I still want to try Tahuya and Evans.

bass2323 said:
I think I'm going to spend the day making my jeep taller. Thanks for the invite for the open seat, riding is the next best thing to wheelin, I'm just to busy that weekend anyways. Maybe in the next few weeks/months we can get something going up north, although I still want to try Tahuya and Evans.
We look forward to you joining us. Gives you the opportunity to decide if you want your name in RED too!! :D

I won't be able to make it. Was looking at a calendar today and realized how soon the 5th is. Too late to get the day off.

Maybe next time.

Thanks
Jason

I might be able to make this. The whole family needs a day out of easy wheeling... You guys figure out where to go to breakfast yet? I have no problem helping to educate some of the more stockish equipped rigs or new drivers.

John

Back