• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie saying Hello

Thanks guys I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Well, plans have changed. I've said screw metalcloak with their terrible customer service and will be calling DPG on Monday to order from them. Should have went with others reviews in the first place.... Still need to decide on shorts arms or long arms and then which brand. None of the kits have exactly what I want unfortunately

Thanks guys I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Well, plans have changed. I've said screw metalcloak with their terrible customer service and will be calling DPG on Monday to order from them. Should have went with others reviews in the first place.... Still need to decide on shorts arms or long arms and then which brand. None of the kits have exactly what I want unfortunately

I dont know if you have checked out Iron Rock Off Road, iv got their long arm kit and I love it! 100% bolt in, but you can weld the subframe in if you want! I get amazing flex even without my tires aired down and on stock fenders on 33s.
58884AB1-7A78-4799-B8AC-7F64069D7AA2_zpsmjdoptye.jpg

A60B2BAE-A2E4-4931-BFF8-3C54F6698D71_zpsw5kb55hd.jpg

Welp after over a month of waiting I gave up on metalcloak and gave Dirk a call at DPG. Much better customer service and I believe I got a better lift as well. All parts are in so I'm hoping install will begin this next Saturday.

image.jpg

Heres some pics! Got the sye installed, as well as an alignment today so I think I'm pretty much good to go. Jeep drives nicer than expected so I'm very happy overall. Still need to install the jks mini skids, raise rear shock mounts etc

I think I'm going to need a longer rear driveshaft

Looking good dude

Thanks guys! It's cool to see it turn into exactly what I want. Ordered some rock sliders yesterday but sounds like I'm going to have to wait a little while for them

When installing my lift I noticed the sway bar bushings were toast as well as my front bumps were crumbling to pieces. So those got replaced, mini skids welded on, disco cables installed, and my new TW driveshaft came in. Kinda pissed that now I have vibes with the TW so that needs to get fixed soon...

Also did some flex testing. I think if I add another puck to the front I will just need some very minor trimming. At least thats the hope

I need to start fixing a few things here and there. Power door locks on the driver side only work intermittently which is an annoyance. I'm thinking just the motors need replacing?

And the front axle has a leak on the driver side as well from the pinion. I'd like to fix it myself but I'm a little worried about messing with the gears/arb. Any experts want to give me a lesson? Or can I just disassemble then re-assemble the exact way the shims etc came out?

Not sure about the pinion but I had a little leak from my driver side front axle shaft and "fixed" it the next time I had the shaft out by putting a big glob of grease around the shaft where the seal rides and it hasn't leaked in two months of daily driving. Sweet jeep.

Jeep is coming along nice! Was soo damn clean man. Thanks again for the parts.

Side note... I might have ran over my prescription sunglasses in your driveway I can't seem to find them lol if they made it out alive I'd be stoked to pay shipping to get em back.

Yea sorry Patrick I found them the other day and they didn't fair so well under jeep tires. The frame is broken but lenses looked decent if you want me to save them

Back