• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - Just got an MJ

Julio, go to the store and get a couple of those insulated cookie sheets that have the air gap in them, and rivet or screw them to the floor from underneath over the cat and the muffler, it will help a ton. The later jeeps have insulation there from the factory to keep from burning up the carpet.

Julio, go to the store and get a couple of those insulated cookie sheets that have the air gap in them, and rivet or screw them to the floor from underneath over the cat and the muffler, it will help a ton. The later jeeps have insulation there from the factory to keep from burning up the carpet.

I know you are the Pic posting mastah so show me what you speak of.

Cookie sheet are ok assuming the cat hasn't been pushed up close to the floor. If you are burning the carpet/insulation probably it has lost it's insulating properties and most likely more insulation on the cab side needs be added.

When it starts burning like that usually the sheet metal has gotten pretty thin and may need to be plated.

Cookie sheet are ok assuming the cat hasn't been pushed up close to the floor. If you are burning the carpet/insulation probably it has lost it's insulating properties and most likely more insulation on the cab side needs be added.

When it starts burning like that usually the sheet metal has gotten pretty thin and may need to be plated.

If you remember, some time ago i cut out a large piece due to it rusting out. I then put some sheet metal in its place. That was right above the exhaust. I posted pic but i cant find them right Meow.

Last edited:
If you remember, some time ago i cut out a large piece due to it rusting out. I then put some sheet metal in its place. That was right about the exhaust. I posted pic but i cant find them right Meow.

That is right! You posted it up on facebook about what I like to suck. :cool:

That was behind the passenger seat or in front?

Still not 4wd but when it is it'll have a pretty nice TC. :thumbup:

IMG_7764Large.jpg

IMG_7765Large.jpg

4.3:1

32 spline front output shaft and a clocking ring.

Back