• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New project

Nope. Didn't even get a chance to even THINK about the project XJ.

The wife's Envoy needed a t-stat replaced...... They built the damn thing AROUND the t-stat. $50 piece - the t-stat is part of the cast housing with a pipe extension and it bolts to the side of the block UNDER the intake and covered with PS and AC hoses.... PITA.

Right in the middle of the t-stat R&R, my wife informs me that the house, basement in particular smells like sewage.... I find that the floor drain was backed up and black water all over the place. 4hrs later, we're tossing ruined stuff and drying everything else........ Thank God for neighbors with 75 foot power pipe snakes! :thumbup:

Then I finished cleaning up the mess a cracked battery made of the engine compartment of the GTO. Had to use a box of baking soda/water mix to neutralize everything, then install the battery tray that I removed yesterday to weld up some corroded thru holes and re-painted. I forsee having to replace a sway bar bushing and maybe some wiring in the future..... :mad:

So, it's a good thing no one showed up to help swap the engine.... you might have had to glove up and help with the stinky basement..... :D

YELLAHEEP said:
So, it's a good thing no one showed up to help swap the engine.... you might have had to glove up and help with the stinky basement..... :D
Man and you almost had me convinced to say at your place. :D

Probably made us sleep next to that sewer drain too. :D

the GF had a nissan 200sx that the stat was mounted on the back, passenger side, bottom of the engine, almost right against the firewall, then had a metal tube that came around. I seem to remember replacing that was a bitch.

Oh well, the machine shop will never finish my block anyway so no reason to get my hopes up.

Yellaheep, finally saw this post again this morning and from the sounds of it I'm glad I didn't catch it sooner. I got a last minute request to help guide some hikers up in Rocky Mountain National Park. I love it when someone asks me if they can pay me to go hiking.

Anyway if you dive into the jeep today or tomorrow I'll be around. Sorry I missed the fun yesterday!

Well Troy if I would have shown up you would have had an ex apartment maintenance guy there I was used to cleanin up that kinda stuff but I ended up workin on my XJ.........................but let me know when you PLAN on workin on the project........

Back