• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

FlexdXJ said:
looking good stryker. I was thinking about having Brian make me some rockers like that. mine are starting to get bad. Luckily the only rust is on the rockers :D

Man how did you luck out and only get rust on the rockers and not have holes the size of volleyballs in your floor board like mine. :gee: . Should have seen my Dad when I made a right turn and his seat flipped toward me. That's when I knew I had problems with the floor.

XJstryker looks real good. Wish I was able to help you out. Just a wee bit too far for me though.

Jeepm@n said:
Man how did you luck out and only get rust on the rockers and not have holes the size of volleyballs in your floor board like mine. :gee: . Should have seen my Dad when I made a right turn and his seat flipped toward me. That's when I knew I had problems with the floor.

XJstryker looks real good. Wish I was able to help you out. Just a wee bit too far for me though.

Read the first few pages of this thread :doh: i had big holes in the floor. Just patched them all up.

When Mcnamaag was here also got my Rear Tow Point on the Waggy.

Had a lil problems with the nut strips but the Hitch looks great. Now just have to get my bumper put back on.

Finishingup010.jpg

Finishingup011.jpg

Finishingup012.jpg

I had a heckuva time last summer putting my hitch on- I bought one new nut strip, and reused the passenger side. Punched myself in the face with a 1/2" ratchet- cut me wide open, nearly swelled the eye shut, and I had a wicked shiner for a few weeks. Feel better?

btw, is that an antitank round in the corner? :eek:

Any after pics of the completed lift? I was wondering how it looks now with the 30" tires, white spokes and 3" of lift.

PacificEd said:
Any after pics of the completed lift? I was wondering how it looks now with the 30" tires, white spokes and 3" of lift.

In physical therapy for my hand now. I have done a lil on it but it still isn't finished :doh: Been hot and havn't had the motivation. All I really got left is bleeding the front brakes and attaching the sway bar for a test drive. But my sway bar is for a 4 1/2 lift and i got 3 in so i have to mod it a lil bit. I will post up when I finally find a lil motivation.

The lift is complete, having a lil problem with getting the front brakes to bleed good. Every time i get them bled i put the tires back on lower it down hit the brakes and it starts leaking.

Finally got a lil work done

Ok Last night I was finally able to mount most of my Bumper till the squito's ran me off. This morning I finished buttoning it up and got a picture.

I got a Rear Tow Point and a Bumper now! She is coming along
new013.jpg

Okay I pulled both bolts out of the steering box today and attached this strap to the top to support it if it did fall. It didnt Budge finally something going right.

new010.jpg

new011.jpg

Finished up the Front tow points and here it is. The new front of my Jeep!

new012.jpg

Cleaned the rust off my sway bar ends today. I have to take the disco's to work tomorrow since i have better tools for modding them there (Chop saw, drill press).

Who is ready to wheel now.

I drove it today party1:

OKay I finished up everything today.

Installed Sway bar with Disco's I cut two inches off of the 4in rough country Discos. Still looks like it is too High but I will try them here

new026.jpg

new025.jpg

jeep014.jpg

jeep013.jpg

And Finally a completed 3in RC lift
jeep004.jpg

jeep005.jpg

jeep006.jpg

jeep007.jpg

jeep008.jpg

Test drove great

jeep001.jpg

jeep002.jpg

Got a lil bored today and decided to see what it would take to put on my front engine skid. Due to the Hi-country shackles I had to modify the skid a lil. Had to notch out a 1x1 piece on each corner so it would seat

jeep016.jpg

I am thinking I need to update my avatar pic
jeep015.jpg

Finally got a updated picture of the Dana 44. Take a good look at this for when you go to the JY's.

jeep018.jpg

So when is the next trip to Hillz & Hollarz. Brianho??

Looking really good.

How do you like the Rough Country lift (ride, shocks, ease of install, etc.)?

Rough Country well I really have no Idea what other rides feel like but it feels the same as stock only higher. I am not feeling any roughness out of it. Thanks for the comment... Drove the Jeep to louisville, airport last week well on my way back today I stopped the truck and an explosion of green came pouring out of the surge bottle. I guess my cap blew. What would be a cuase of this just time and the bottle getting old or something else.

Okay, I give. Where are y'all getting the cooler NAXJA stickers?

Jeep's looking good- who makes those front hook assemblies? Those are pretty serious looking.

hubs97xj said:
Okay, I give. Where are y'all getting the cooler NAXJA stickers?

Jeep's looking good- who makes those front hook assemblies? Those are pretty serious looking.

Yeah i want a vinyl NAXJA decal too

Andy makes them too. PM Lowrange2

OK, I woke up a lil motivated today. Last week I went and bought some thin sheet metal to finish patching up some exterior holes. Jeeps been running great so time to make her look a lil better also.

This is the hole. Ugly right...

jeep020.jpg

Got some poster paper and sketched out my piece.
jeep021.jpg

Transferred it to some Sheet metal from Home Depot. That sheet was 8 bucks...
jeep022.jpg

jeep023.jpg

Didn't measure the angles to well just kinda Eyeballed it but it worked fine. Banged out some crease on a block of wood.

jeep024.jpg

Then stuck her in place. I had to take it back off a few times a bang it a lil more but eventually she fit good. Rubbed some RTV around the edge to seal it in.

jeep025.jpg

Riveted it down
jeep026.jpg

Put a coat of Primer on it till I decide what to do next.

jeep027.jpg

Also did a hole in the front that look like crap.

jeep028.jpg

Back