• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

XJ Stryker said:
May be a Dumb Question

But what are those?
They eliminate the "bar pins" the factory shock uses and coverts it to where you use a single bolt to mount up the shock. Plus they will drop your shock down about 1" (Teraflex) and allow more droop.

What I'm using...

http://www.windrockoffroad.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=893&idproduct=7791

TER.SAFTXZ_d.jpg

a fresh set of eyes always helps, plus when youve run into the same problem before, its good to be able to pass the info along

Finished up the Rear Leaf springs. These were a PIA

You all saw my problems just getting the Leafs off well. Once I cut each side of the bolt it dropped right out. I had to replace the U-bolts due to one breaking also. I noticed the U-bolts plates were bent up also so i went to pull-a-part and picked some more up. Leafs wentin with no problem. Ofcourse the Shocks were a different story.

I posted earlier that all 4 broke UGH. Well I attempted to extract them. I drilled two of them out completly threw. They had to be rust welded cause i bent all my extractors. 2 craftsmen and 2 snap-on. Snap-on wasnt mine i borrowed those from work but after all that frustration I finally did what i didnt wan to do...

Cutting threw my beautiful Rhino-Lined Floor

DSC03342.jpg

I drilled a Pilot hole in the middle of each shock to find them on the other side

And then went to cutting

DSC03343.jpg

I cut two of the bolts out initially and was burning up dremel wheels so fast I did realize that if I just stuck a 15mm on there I could snap them off until the last two.

I Installed new 1/2 bolts threw the holes with washers

DSC03344.jpg

Tightened a nut and washer to the other side to serve as a permanent stud so i can fix the floor.

DSC03345.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

Installed shock. Now I should just be able to hold the top nut and loosen the bottom to change out if needed. I have a feeling the top bolt will still loosen so I may see if a shop will throw a weld on it for me.

DSC03347.jpg

Well now i got the rear complete. Put the wheel back on and this is how she is sitting

DSC03348.jpg

Started front also tonight. Removed the sway bar and broke the LCA's loose. Will start removing springs tomorrow.

Sucks about the floor. Looks good though.

Rob,

How's the Waggy coming? Are you going to bring both of them to the Crawl?

You are doing a good job with your build up. Keep the pics and info coming.

See you in July.

XJ Stryker said:
Not sure what i will be doing now.
I got my tan waggy tore apart

Problem is I broke 3 fingers 2day.

Cant work on it till i get my hand back.

Anyone want to come finish it so i can go lol

:patriot:

Did you break them while installing the suspension lift?

Man, that stinks. If you lived closer we could get the rest done on the lift. The front, for some reason, seems to install much faster than the rear.

Get well soon!!

PacificEd said:
Did you break them while installing the suspension lift?

Man, that stinks. If you lived closer we could get the rest done on the lift. The front, for some reason, seems to install much faster than the rear.

Get well soon!!

Nope, working on a stryker. my wedding ring saved my fingers. i got a titanium one. didnt even bend it!!! got caught b/n a hatch and the armor

hatch weighs about 150lbs would have easily took my fingers off i am feeling lucky now.

lift

i got the shocks a springs off the front and unbolted the lca i just have to slap the shit together and cant :bawl:

just really sucks ya know.

cant fricken type now either, finger pecking wit one hand sucks :hang:

Ouch. Normally it's the titanium rings, like mine, that make things worse! I've heard of them getting caught in saws and just ripping through the finger taking it off instead of just bending or breaking the metal. Glad to know they can come in handy!

Thanks guys, not hurting as bad now just have to quit hitting it in shit at work and i will be fine, looks like i wont be going to the cherokee crawl now. cant wait to finish my truck and go wheeling. hopefully in about 4-5 more weeks i will be good lol.

Bummer about the Crawl. I hoping to get to see you and your rigs. You have a done a lot of stuff that I'm planning on doing to mine.

You also seem like one of the few that were really excited about going to the Crawl. I'll catch you the next time around.

Get well soon so you can get this thread rolling again!

Mcnamaag was in my neighborhood helping out this week at Fort Knox so I offered him a set of my AAL's to help me get my waggie back together:

BAD PICs but hey we got alot done

Finishingup013.jpg

He did most of the work due to my fingers being broke, I did what I could with one hand and if couldnt help I got tess to help a lil.

Finishingup001.jpg

Finishingup002.jpg

Finishingup003.jpg

Then we or HE attached some TOW points to the front. These are from HI-Country

Finishingup004.jpg

I helped where I could BLEEDING the BRAKES. Oh yeah and he smokes so i Messed up and bummed a few smokes UGH

Finishingup005.jpg

Jacked her up and put the tires back on

Finishingup006.jpg

Finishingup007.jpg

Finishingup008.jpg

This how the front sits now with a three in lift. No shocks yet broke all the old mount screws on it and need to make a trip to AutoZone for nuts and bolts

Finishingup009.jpg

Thanks Andy for all the work you did. I Only have a few things left to wrap up now then i will be ready for the trails. :cheers:

Last edited:
looking good stryker. I was thinking about having Brian make me some rockers like that. mine are starting to get bad. Luckily the only rust is on the rockers :D

Back