• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

dang...it took me over an hour to read this thread! :D It was a good read man! anymore updates?

Well thanks for reading it, The waggy has been running great and Upgrades now cost alot more. So it will be slow coming now, I kinda got it how I like it now. I will have it at WF 09 though so I am sure I will see alot of Ideas to keep me busy the rest of this year. I mainly want to slowly replace all the stock parts IE , track bar, control arms lil stuff like that to get ready to go bigger in a year or so.

The only thing I got on my list at the moment is, new steering stabilizer if it ever gets here, spare tire, Gas tank skid, and then after Winterfest I am doing my rear main seal so, some updates are coming.

Overhead console? who makes one for xjs?

stryker, are you gonna take those fender flares off, or trim up your fender before you wheel it? They might get in the way of your tires when you flex.

Over head consoles or on some Cherokee's you just have to find one at a JY that matches your interior.

As far as the flares. We will see I only got 30's on there and if they pop off them I guess I will have to worry about trimming then but I am gonna try and run with them at first.

Stryker,

i can help you do the rear main seal before winterfest if you want. Probably won't take but an hour or so. It is extremely easy!

Let me know if you want to try sometime before then. As long as I know a date I can schedule to be there to help you out

Really wow the last one I did I spend about a week doing lol. I am pulling the pan mainly to change the Pump out and figured I would get in there do the RMS also since I had to pull the pan. If I get the money along with everything else I will surely give ya a holler. thanks

I have done about 5 rear mains now(4.0's and 4.2's) when you get the oil pan gasket get the felpro rubber one. It cost a little more but is better than the cork gaskets and I have reused mine about 5 times now. Same goes for the rocker cover if you ever replace it!

I might give you a yell sometime soon and see if you want to run up to wheel with us around my house sometime to. We typically go out a couple of times a month.

My damn steering skid was blocking a Front seal leak Noticed it dripping today and the front skid is filled with oil. I have to add it too the list now ugh. So when I pull the pan it will be

Oil Pump
Rear Main
Oil pan seal
Front seal

Should I go ahead and change the timing chain while I am in there?

What else since I will have the bottom and front of the engine tore apart.

Bigjeepman you still want to help lol.

My damn steering skid was blocking a Front seal leak Noticed it dripping today and the front skid is filled with oil. I have to add it too the list now ugh. So when I pull the pan it will be

Oil Pump
Rear Main
Oil pan seal
Front seal

Should I go ahead and change the timing chain while I am in there?

What else since I will have the bottom and front of the engine tore apart.

Bigjeepman you still want to help lol.

OH that sucks man. I just spent 4 hours replacing a friggin bushing in my track bar! I feel for ya man

Lil Update not much going on this weekend so I did a few Cheap easy things with what was laying around..

Oh yeah Damn cheap autozone brake pads. I pulled my tire to find the brake falling apart, but took it back and they gave me some new ones. SO we will see if I just had a bad one prior.

Ok on to the update. I bought Disco's a while back but never put anything to attach them too so here it is. I just used what i Had laying around the garage so it aint pretty but it works.

Drilled a hold under the Bat box.
Waggie001.jpg

Insert hoop on other end
Waggie002.jpg

attached to hoseclamp
Waggie003.jpg

Took it for a test drive and found I may just leave it disconnected. I didn't notice a difference maybe with the wider rims and tires helps I :dunno: but it works.

Waggie004.jpg

Stryker,

Definietly replace the timing chain and gear while you are in there. I may have a slightly used seta laying around you could have for a case of beer! I put one in a 4.0 last year and one of the rods started knocking last year. so I pulled everything I could off of it whilst I wait for stroker parts at a discount price.

Helping is no problem either but this one might take a bit longer!

You are correct they are from Hi_country and great for Recovery also Thanks SeanR for the pull!

Since ya'll brought my thread back from the death zone how about some WinterFest pics.

I added a Gas Tank Skid and a T-case skid a few days prior to going and I am glad I did.

Warning Poser Pics coming
Finally got to test my JEEP out...

winterfest09100.jpg

winterfest09117.jpg

winterfest09066.jpg

winterfest09068.jpg

winterfest09069.jpg

winterfest09008.jpg

winterfest09009.jpg

winterfest09007.jpg

winterfest09096.jpg

Thanks for the Great time!

It was a good time wasnt it! You have got one good looking rig there Stryker. I seen it up close when i was helping you air your tires at the end of the day sat.night. You sure did a good job cleaning that thing up. Keep up the good work.

It was a good time wasnt it! You have got one good looking rig there Stryker. I seen it up close when i was helping you air your tires at the end of the day sat.night. You sure did a good job cleaning that thing up. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for the help! Your rig definitely looked sweet too! I hope I get to wheel with ya next time.

Back