• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New build: Tealie

See, all those tubes in the way will keep me from throwing trash in the back seat....:D Molly won't kill me every time she gets in my Jeep anymore!
No, she just won't be able to get in since the front floor board will become more of a receptacle than it already is...

Hobag, the nuts in the cage is brilliant! If you put balance balls in Flexy's cage, we'll have to start calling it the rainstick.

Bilstein 5100s and 50' of 2AWG welding cable showed up last night:

04B9FB12-88A6-4DBF-BA5C-B38AA3863B80-9655-000009A94FC2FA80_zps8a0a0003.jpg

I'm still waiting on some cable lugs, then I can work on figuring out where to mount the solenoid pack for the Warn. Right now I'm thinking about moving the coolant bottle to the driver's side of the engine bay, and mounting the solenoid pack next to the fuse block. I have plenty of cable but I want to minimize how long the runs are if I can. I would like to say that I'm going to pull wire for in-cab winch control, but in reality that won't happen for a while.

Uptravel is for sissies:

44599641-2C3A-43BB-AC8D-370C51DC1A45-1653-0000022AED3D5696_zpsc0a32e91.jpg

So apparently my measurements were off. In the rear I did my best to get accurate extended/collapsed lengths, but up front I just estimated the lift and now I am screwed. I have about 3.5" of bumpstop gap and 2.5" of shock shaft... crunch.

So, my options are moar lift, or shorter shocks. And it's plenty tall as it is, so it looks like I'll be buying the 5100s for 3-4" of lift instead of 5-6". I will not be returning them to the vendor since they seem to have horrible communication and backorder problems. However, if anyone is interested, look in the for sale section... I have them in stock and can ship tomorrow :)

Pick up some Brosteins and then you can film them doing work with your Go-Bro... in Broab :D

You need to lift the front of your jeep two more inches bro...

I have the 5-6in in my jeep and I like em... Using the 3-4in in back since I raised the lower shock mounts... You'll be very happy with them.

Laziness has reigned supreme lately and I've been parking two cars in my garage for the first time since I started wheeling :D But I'm doing the T4T run this weekend so it was time to knock out a couple things I've been putting off.

I took the power shears to the front fenders to open it up some more. Originally I left a ridge to give the fender some more strength, but decided I'd rather have the extra clearance. Here I'm using my big ass nose to line up the cut:

IMG_2336_zps524a907f.jpg

Angle grinder pics always turn out sweet!

IMG_2337_zps5ca4f4f3.jpg

I finally trimmed the rear fenders too. Here it is looking like the FlexdXJ of yesteryear:

IMG_2346_zpsd15707f4.jpg

It broke the paint pretty bad on both sides, so I'm just going to mask it and paint the lip of the fender silver like everything else.

IMG_2348_zpsfd92bc8c.jpg

And I finally got the quarter guards put on that I bought from Cheeseman a couple years ago:

EEC9CAB3-8FDB-4942-AAEB-5982D9FC5F07_zps9sme4ecm.jpg

Tonight I just have to throw on a belly skid, load up gear and put it on the trailer. One of my remaining issues to work out is that the rear is 1-2" higher than the front. I'm reluctant to raise the front up much higher as I'd like the whole Jeep to stay reasonably low to the erf. If I move my shackle up another hole in the relocation bracket, it will contact the bracket. So I might just suck it up and buy a set of 3" leafs and hope that levels things out.

Are the rear springs new? Is that unloaded? Gear/tools might settle it. I know mine has that problem. When I unload all my tools from the back its sits higher.

Looking good Brad.....I had sort of the same problem with my 5- 6" lift Brosteins...No worries those things will not be very shinny after TFT...

My, that's a sweet tool box you have there! I'm actually a little surprised to see that you haven't upgraded that thing. I'm even further surprised to see all the stickers still on it.

XJosh 'my legacy to you' 95

Cut the bracket? Thats what I did for mine.

Good idea, I'm going to give that a try. If I can lower it 1/2" from the shackle angle and another 1/2" from loading up my crap, I'd be happy.

My, that's a sweet tool box you have there! I'm actually a little surprised to see that you haven't upgraded that thing. I'm even further surprised to see all the stickers still on it.

XJosh 'my legacy to you' 95

It's pretty much the same as when I got it from you, most of my other stickers have ended up on my workbench or other places in the garage. If I ever get a bigger shop then I'll consider getting a bigger toolbox but I'll probably still keep yours around for a long time :thumbup:

Back