• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New build: Tealie

Haha, yeah right! :laugh3:

i can see we're both hearing the same little voice in the back of our heads....

"make the xj last this time" :D

You sir are a mind reader. I don't have the time, motivation, or money to do this again. This one is sticking around!

Or winterfest.... :looser:

Whaaaat, I bet you won't!

I'm sure I'll get some pictures at Redbird that will show more of the cage.

Haha, yeah right! :laugh3:

True but never know.....

You sir are a mind reader. I don't have the time, motivation, or money to do this again. This one is sticking around!

Whaaaat, I bet you won't!

I'm sure I'll get some pictures at Redbird that will show more of the cage.

You are likely right.... however I have hopes of being debt free by February.... what better way to celebrate then to go on a trip and incur some small debt!!?? She looks good by the way.

You are likely right.... however I have hopes of being debt free by February.... what better way to celebrate then to go on a trip and incur some small debt!!?? She looks good by the way.

Congrats on getting out of debt!

Well I was up late Thursday night and spent all morning and afternoon Friday turning wrenches. I finally had to say screw it and give up on finishing a few things though (typical). Molly took care of all the hard stuff like camping gear and food, I threw it on the trailer and headed to Redbird. All I really have to show are some pics from other people.

Aaron found it appropriate to involve Hipstergram for some reason:

1381520_10100845947372063_1882847488_n_zps231773d6.jpg

I managed to get through all the trails without brushing up against anything. The only damage I got was where the tires were hitting the front of the fenders. I didn't have time to install any rear bumpstops though, so that is my fault.

I never did manage to install the long arms or even drop brackets, but this is the result with flex-joint short arms:

564112_10100495241179824_75550749_n_zps4e9f5bad.jpg

That's good enough for me! I really miss the giant skid plate on the TnT kit so I think that will be going back on.

One of my goals was to have improved ride quality. My 5100s still haven't shown up yet, so I am running some crap twin-tube shocks front and rear, and somehow... it rides pretty nice. I messed with the shackle angle so maybe that helped some. I'm not sending the 5100s back though :cool:

Planning to do Toys for Tots in December, and possibly another Badlands trip in November, so I won't have much of a break. I need new brakes all around and to finish all the stuff I didn't have time for.

Did the free nuts I put in the cage ever bother you (there is a can of great stuff under your rear seat)?:D

Did the free nuts I put in the cage ever bother you (there is a can of great stuff under your rear seat)?:D

I thought you were joking about that!! Most of the time I don't hear a thing but every once in a while I thought I heard something sliding around in there. I figured it was just a rock or a piece of slag or something in there. What tube is it even in?

I'm not mad, but I'm not surprised either!

I thought you were joking about that!! Most of the time I don't hear a thing but every once in a while I thought I heard something sliding around in there. I figured it was just a rock or a piece of slag or something in there. What tube is it even in?

I'm not mad, but I'm not surprised either!

I knew you would be a good sport about it. They are in the horizontal tube on the floor in the very back. Oh and I am serious abou the can of great stuff under the rear seat.:D

I knew you would be a good sport about it. They are in the horizontal tube on the floor in the very back. Oh and I am serious abou the can of great stuff under the rear seat.:D

That's awesome, I'm glad it's that tube at least. I probably won't even mess with it unless it really annoys me, it makes for a good story!

Pretty excited to see how Flexd's cage turns out... :D

That's awesome, I'm glad it's that tube at least. I probably won't even mess with it unless it really annoys me, it makes for a good story!

Pretty excited to see how Flexd's cage turns out... :D

I am thinking about nutting all over his cage.:D

I really like the cage. If suzi's Jeep wasn't a daily driver I would want to put one in there. Don't know how she would like the cage in there ever day.

I really like the cage. If suzi's Jeep wasn't a daily driver I would want to put one in there. Don't know how she would like the cage in there ever day.

Brian did an awesome job of keeping the interior usable and I was pretty comfortable wheeling it this weekend. Having said that, an XJ isn't big on interior space to start with, so you are definitely going to be giving up something. In my non-expert opinion, it would be fine for a weekend warrior if you have something else to DD, but I would miss the space and convenience if I didn't have something else to drive.

Balance beads ftw

Helps keep the center of gravity low, or something. Oh I'm really glad you had this idea AFTER I got mine, thanks for holding out :D

Every time I pull a tire I forget about the balancing beads and think "what the hell is that noise?" for a second or two.

Brian did an awesome job of keeping the interior usable and I was pretty comfortable wheeling it this weekend. Having said that, an XJ isn't big on interior space to start with, so you are definitely going to be giving up something. In my non-expert opinion, it would be fine for a weekend warrior if you have something else to DD, but I would miss the space and convenience if I didn't have something else to drive.

Helps keep the center of gravity low, or something. Oh I'm really glad you had this idea AFTER I got mine, thanks for holding out :D

Every time I pull a tire I forget about the balancing beads and think "what the hell is that noise?" for a second or two.

See, all those tubes in the way will keep me from throwing trash in the back seat....:D Molly won't kill me every time she gets in my Jeep anymore!

Back