• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new BTF D30 highsteer

flexdout

NAXJA Forum User
Im not sure if anyones seen or used this yet? I just did a leaf conversion in the front and I still have my D30 under the Jeep so I ran into issues with the steering. I was able to get around it with a little fab work but it has a bad dead spot in the steer. So I was searching online to try and find some sort of highsteer/crossover steer parts to remidy this. I came across a new Blue Torch Fab application to give you true highsteer on the 30 knuckle and its cheap!

http://bluetorchfab.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_29_30&products_id=447

I ordered it Friday and will hopefully have it by the end of next week. I was wondering if anyone else has it or has seen it yet.

Im hoping its the savior! I have some bad bumpsteer due to my bent steering link. I wish I had better specs on it cause it really doesnt look like the top steering mount is gonna be high enough to allow my link to clear the leaf spring. Ill have to wait and see when it gets here.

Nice piece! I think I will just do the WJ conversion though, when the budget permits!

i like how on bluetorche's website, it has an 'enlarge' link for the pics, but when i click it, the picture shrinks due to screen resolution... way to go blue torch. how hard is it for offroad part companies to figure out high resolution photos of their warez would be good for sales?

back on topic, why do a leaf conversion on a stock axle?wouldnt most of the work be done if you found a leaf sprung d44, and just dropped it in?

Last edited:
dang i might use this bracket on my jcr 1 ton to eliminate the roll - might need longer pieces of DOM though - no biggie

xcm said:
back on topic, why do a leaf conversion on a stock axle?wouldnt most of the work be done if you found a leaf sprung d44, and just dropped it in?

Its what I have to work with at the moment. Im in Florida where there isnt an influx of axles to choose from. Waggy axles are the only thing that are "easy" to come by. And I dont wanna go that route. If Im gonna swap I would prefer to go full width, possible 44/9 or 44/60. Hell even 60/14 or 60/60 if I can find them. Plus I am way over-invested in my D30 so its gotta stay for a while. I am to the point that my axle investment will be the last seeing how I went the stock route and built what I had. Which we all know I will never see the return even in a small percentage.

Looks interesting.

I'm running a crossover steering already with an OTA trackbar. This looks like it should mount pretty well, I've already got the knuckles hogged out to 5/8" straight. Drill a couple of holes in the passenger knuckle, and shorten the draglink is about all I'd have to do.

man i have been looking for something like this to get rid od the dang tie rod roll in my JCR OTK steering... I will be using the same set up excpet replace the passenger side with heims - is a combo of TRE's and Heims ok? It would be tre at pitman arm->heim at pass side draglink ->heim below that at pass side tie rod-> tre at driver side tre... oh and i just ordered it as well so I guess if that doesnt work i can go full heims

Back